(ONTD rules updated as of 04/02/2018)
PLEASE READ BEFORE JOINING OR POSTING:
- This community revolves around celebrities, movies, TV shows, music, video games, and other forms of entertainment.
- Oh No They Didn’t is a community that welcomes anyone regardless of their identity. Discrimination of any kind, including but not limited to: mental health status, ableism, racism, homophobia, anti Semitism, sexism, and transphobia, are not allowed. Opposing discourse stops being discourse the moment personal attacks and derogatory language are used.
- On the topic of transphobia, offenses include but is not limited to: purposely misgendering when you know their preferred pronouns, or speaking of SRS in vulgar/crude terms in order to shock or offend.
- Constant trolling will result in being banned.
- You can be reasonably critical of the celebrities these posts are about, but don't ever personally attack another member. This includes saying "F-ck you," using insulting and pejorative language directly toward them, or threatening someone with physical/sexual violence.
- Rather than ask "Who?" when you see a celebrity you don't recognize, use Google.
- Mods decide what gets posted - not you.
- Sometimes mods accidentally approve posts that have already been posted. No need for a flood of "posted" comments. We'll take care of it if the OP doesn't delete the post themselves.
- Use good judgment when you're choosing or making an icon. No nudity, offensive images, or bigotry. Someone may end up reporting your offensive icon to Livejournal.
- No off-topic (OT) comments in regular posts. We have ONTD Roundups at least five times a week, and two Free For All posts during the weekend - save your OT comments for those posts.
- New membership is moderated. Your journal must show current activity before being accepted.
- If you believe your work is being copyrighted, visit here.
NO POSTING FROM THE FOLLOWING:
- AfterEllen.com, AfterElton.com, AVclub.com, Billboard.com, BlindGossip.com, Bossip.com, Celebitchy.com, Celebrity Babies, Celebrity Baby Blog, CelebrityDirtyLaundry.com, Celebutopia.com, Chicago Tribune, Collider.com, ContentMode.com, DailyDot.com, Dailymail.co.uk, dailyrecord.co.uk, Deadline.com, EntertainmentWise.com, EW.com, Flavorwire.com, Gawker.com, Gigwise.com, Guardian.co.uk, HitFix.com, HuffingtonPost.com, Independent.co.uk, IndieWire.com, IndyPosted.com, LogoOnline.com, Mashable.com, MavrixOnline.com, Mediaite.com, Metro.co.uk, Mic.com, Mirror.co.uk, MotherJones.com, NME.com, NothingMajor.com, NYMag.com, People.com, PitchFork.com, PitchFork.TV, Polygon.com, Popculturediedin2009.com, Popdash.com, Popdust.com, PopStar.com, Pressparty.com, Racked.com, Salon.com, ScreenRant.com, ScreenStar.com, SI.com, Slate.com, SpoilerTV.com, Standard.co.uk, Taletela.com, Telegraph.co.uk, TheBackLot.com, TheDissolve.com, Thelma.com, TheMarySue.com, theSTASHED.com, TheSun.co.uk, TheSundayTimes.co.uk, TheTimes.co.uk, TheVerge.com TheYoungFolks.com, Time.com, TMZ.com, TVline.com, TVStar.com, Unrealitytv.co.uk, Vice.com, Vox.com, Vulture.com, WashingtonPost.com and X17
- If you're worried that your post has been submitted or posted already, check for previous posts here (tags), here (LJ search) or here (Google) or use the search function below:
- Titles should be accurate. Try to avoid lying or baiting in your title, even if that type of title is being used at the source. Also, use proper names, especially if the person does not have a tag here. Nicknames in titles make it harder for mods to search to see if the topic or news has already been posted here.
- Always add tags. The more, the better. It helps you and us find posts. Try not to use serious tags as a joke - it's tacky. Tags can be found here.
- If you learn that your post has already posted news or material, edit or delete it yourself rather than leave the post up.
- Pictures larger than 585x585 should be resized and go under an LJ cut.
- Long paragraphs of text or a collection of multiple tweets and Insta posts should all be put under LJ cuts, too. The LJ cut tag is below:
- Keep it recent. Posts about recent news should be from sources that have been reported in the last two weeks. If you're trying to submit really, really old news, perhaps do more research and make an ONTD Original instead. Feel free to ask us if the topic would be acceptable.
- Guess Who? posts should have the identity of the "who" revealed in the post. If that person has a tag, add it later.
- All posts always need a source. Tweets are good for sources. Just be sure to post the permalink of the tweet as your source. If the tweet contains a link to a banned site, then don't list the banned site's direct URL as a source. Below is the HTML code for linking a source URL.
- Please precede your source links with the word "source." Makes it easier for mods when approving/rejecting posts.
- If you're sourcing multiple tweets or Insta posts from the same account, you can either individually source every tweet/Insta post's direct permalink, or just collectively source by listing the account the tweets/Insta posts are from. However, videos (i.e., from YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.) should always be individually sourced.
- Don't hotlink photos from other sites. Reupload or mirror the image in your LJ's photo album, or at photo sharing sites like Imgbb, Tinypic, and Postimages. No linking from Imgur. The HTML code to display an image is below:
- POLITICAL POSTS with no celebrity or entertainment ties belong at ontd_political. We don't need multiple posts on the same topic on the same day either, especially if nothing new is being conveyed or shared. Update the most recent post about the topic instead.
- Celebrity Reaction posts must have context as to what the celebrities are reacting to, and 5-7 reactions from actual entertainment celebrities that work directly in the entertainment industry (movies, books, TV, music). This does not include politicians, journalists, brands, parody accounts, random strangers on the Internet, etc.
- One reaction or tweet typically does not justify an entire post, especially if you don't add some text to the post explaining the content.
- If you want to make a post that doubles as a live viewing post for a (current) TV show or new TV-movie, please be sure that the post has some kind of significant and recent news/video clips related to said TV show or TV-movie. Just submitting a post with a lone, uninteresting tweet by a random Bachelor contestant so you can discuss the latest episode of The Bachelor is not acceptable.
- Any new book, TV, or movie spoilers should be hidden inside of a spoiler cut. Don't be surprised if users are upset at you for spoiling a new movie, etc. Just do the right thing and delete your spoiler. The HTML code for that is below:
- Don't be lazy. All submitted posts should have some kind of write-up. This includes trailers and TV promos (YouTube pages tend to have descriptions and summaries you can safely copy and paste into your post).
- We can't copy and paste full articles anymore. Instead, include a summary or even just bullet point the important stuff.
- Like news and updates, shared videos should be recent (within the last two weeks). And they should be related to movies, TV, books, and music.
- If you're sharing another site's listicle or video list, only share 5 items (3 if the list is only 5 items to begin with) from said list.
OTHER RULES TO BE AWARE OF:
NEED TO REPORT SOMEONE?
- If someone has personally attacked you or said something offensive (racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic, etc.), message a mod. We don't go into every post so we can't always be on top of who's doing or saying what. We need your help.
- Even if you didn't instigate a fight, you may end up getting warned or even banned, too, if you respond with personal attacks.
- If you have a concern over someone's icon, you may contact LJ Abuse.
- Stalking, doxing, or private messaging threats to another user because you had a disagreement or just don't like them is unacceptable. You will be banned (possibly by Livejournal as a whole) if we find out about it.
Discuss new episodes of TV shows, movies, and whatever's on your mind
For all your debating, news, and political needs
ONTD-style broadway news
Share your celebrity encounters here!
Best Week Ever
Young, Black, And Fabulous
Go Fug Yourself
Pink Is The New Blog
I'm Not Obsessed
The Celebrity Blog
The Skinny Website
Hip Hop Ruckus
A Hot Mess!
Crunk and Disorderly
The People We Love To Hate
BLOGS THAT LINK HERE
WHO LOVES US? (FAN SIGNS)
Current layout by thatsaid
And assistance from carriep63 of premade_ljs