What do these directors do when they aren’t showcasing their films at a festival?
How do they make a living when they aren’t busy making personal films?
• Editor and colorist for commercial and independent film and video.
• directed and edited some comedy tv shows ans some commercials.
• teach filmmaking as a full-time professor at Emerson College.
• teach in the School of Media Studies at The New School.
• own a butchery and a burger joint, freelance in advertising as a copywrite, direct short form branded content.
• editing independent film, short content for non-profits and brands.
• a professional dancer and dance teacher, work at an acupuncture studio.
• edit videos for media outlets, start-ups, and record labels.
• teach introductory and advanced film production courses and screenwriting at Swarthmore College.
• a tenure track Assistant Professor, teaching Directing and Screenwriting.
• work a part-time retail job.
• teach documentary theory and production at a university.
• a Creative Producer in the advertising world.
• teach film production and aesthetic classes to college students.source
ONTD, How do you make a living ? Or What is your dream job ?