- A pic of Oscar Isaac wearing an "Atlas Shrugged" tee was taken approximately 5 years ago in 2011.
- A tumblr user found it somehow and posted it prompting a site wide meltdown.
- Some users were immediately "upset" and "disappointed" while others concerned and confused by the negative reactions asked "WTF is Atlas Shrugged?" and others still sat back and cackled at the whole situation.
Close ups of the crime scene:
must say i was a bit peeved at the lack of an ayn rand tag, mods..
In other news, Oscar Isaac, the actor referenced in the controversy above also did a GQ shoot and damn he looked fine as hell. Like some kind of captain of industry even...
- His father infused him with a strong individualist (read: objectivist) outlook which allowed him to navigate the difficulties of being an actor in Hollywood.
- He was raised an evangelical and was straight edge until the age of 25 but is no longer a believer and also he drinks and smokes and gets high now!! (what a bad boy, eh?)
- Attended Julliard and did not become a US citizen until after he graduated in 2006.
Oscar: “I remember yelling at myself for scavenging my own life. I was having an argument with an ex-girlfriend of mine, and I was crying and she was crying, and there was a part of me that was recording it. I was like, ‘Are you a psychopath, that you're able to be in this and also watching it and taking notes? That's psychopathic behavior,’ ” he says. “And then I remember walking back and forth in the grass outside her house thinking, ‘You have to accept that it's not an accident that you've dedicated your life to getting better at this thing. The people who do that can't help it. And that's why they become writers and actors and painters. Because they can't help but comment on existence.’ ”
Interviewer: Is that just an elaborate defense for being an asshole? (sick burn lol)
Bonus video showcasing his beautiful singing skills:
source and source and source