- Mockingjay Part 2 wins the Thanksgiving box-office with a 5-days total of $75.8 millions.
- Part 2 continues to trails behind Part 1 but is still doing huge business, with an expected worldwide tally of $440 million by the end of the week-end.
- the other big winner of the weekend is Creed, opening with better than expected $42.6 million 5-days box-office. [hopefully ms_mmelissa will make a separate Creed party post?]
Jennifer Lawrence attending JOY Screening in New York. pic.twitter.com/0EWHYhKqZx— Jennifer Lawrence (@JLdaily) November 29, 2015
- Joy got its first screening Saturday night for SAG members and select critics in New York and L.A.
- reviews are embargoed until December 14th, but early twitter buzz is mostly positive.
- the chatter on Jennifer's performance is universally laudatory, with many critics believing she will factor in the best actress Oscar race.
- the movie itself appears to be received slightly more cooly than Jennifer's performance.
( Coming for nomination #4Collapse )
hollywood reporter + the wrap