Alicia Vikander Early Favorite to Replace Rooney Mara in 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' Sequel (Exclusive) https://t.co/3U0uSusegx— TheWrap (@TheWrap) November 4, 2015
- Sony not moving forward with The Girl Who Played With Fire.
- new movie won't be a direct sequel but a reboot with new actors.
- will be an adaptation of the latest Millennium book The Girl in the Spider’s Web.
- Vikander is So Hot Right Now™ and therefore is the early favorite to nab the role.
- Fincher is also out (probably because the budget will be much tighter this time around).
- Noted sexist boor Scott Rudin and Amazing Amy will be producing.