- "The entire episode was shockingly and refreshingly honest in its depiction of sex and sexuality — especially compared to the rest of Marvel's cinematic and televised output, which tends to be heterosexual and vanilla on the rare occasions when it dares to be sexual at all." (yas drag a lil)
- The show is giving the MCU its first lesbian character and possibly its first queer lead.
- "Jessica Jones' queer relationship scenes are clearly integral to the internal lives of major characters, and are not played for laughs or for shock value. They're sad, sweet, and subtle."
- The author says that the sex scene between Luke Cage and Jessica is "delightfully unsubtle".[Spoiler (click to open)]After Jessica eggs him on, Luke warns her that she might not be able to take it. She insists she can so he flips her and takes her from behind, but she's in control the whole time. The author says that the audience at NYCC was "simultaneously clutching its pearls and leaning forward in titillated fascination".
- The rest is spoiler-ish so I will leave it to you guys read it at the source if you want to know more about the first episode.
Are you excited for Jessica Jones to slay those tiring MCU movies, ONTD? Sex post perhaps? TYFYA!