- Viacom made a big push to bolster ratings for the VMAS by airing simultaneously on 10 network channels (MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, TV Land, BET, Comedy Central among others)
- Only 5 million live viewers on MTV itself which is 3 million short of 2014's 8.3 million viewers
- The least watched VMA in MTV's history
- The show averaged almost 10 million live viewers across all channels
- However, this year's VMAs were the most talked about non-sporting event on twitter (thus far)!
Will this be the last VMAs for MTV?