- Diane is currently working on a book that relates to her childhood difficulties
- The book will cover her personal struggle with the American immigration system and how she overcame obstacles
- She thinks it will be a good read for people detached from the subject matter and looking for an understanding
- And for the people dealing with this issue, it will help you feel less alone
- Thinks Hollywood can do better by being more inclusive, not only with Latino roles, but having more Latino actors play non-Latino roles.
- Says "The lack of representation has left many of us feeling marginalized and disassociated, which can turn into feelings of shame."
- Believes "change is inevitable"
- Says there needs to be a push for more Latino roles "We need more roles that reflect how diverse our community really is. We're doctors, lawyers, politicians, civil rights activists, and leaders. We also need more Latino actors in leading roles. The media is so influential in public attitudes and perceptions; it's all the more important to portray our communities as multidimensional as we really are."
Note: Jane the Virgin comes back Monday, October 12th