- Last month Mac Cosmetics announced the collaboration between MAC and Selena.
- Aaliyah fans saw that it was possible, and an Aaliyah fan launched a petition to get Aaliyah a collection with Mac.
- The Aaliyah fans want to "reintroduce her legacy" through a collaboration with Mac Cosmetics.
- Missy Elliott retweeted a tweet about #AaliyahForMAC, confirming she was on board with the idea of the campaign.
- Aaliyah's brother Rashad responded to a fans tweet. He thought it was a dope idea. He said she was a "Big" MAC Fan. Fans started the petition and tweeting him. He saw that and it prompted him to say he will work with her licensing team. This is the first time since 2002's "I care for you" cd release that the family has said "Yes" to. They've passed on all other projects. They aren't in this for the money. Fans are sensitive for family's approval.
- Would you buy an Aaliyah inspired makeup collection from MAC?
Follow: @aaliyahformac on Instagram and Twitter
Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/p/mac-cosmetics-estee-lauder-to-release-a-aaliyah-for-mac-limited-edition-collection-aaliyahformac
Monie Love Speaks on it this morning on 107.9 Boom Philly :
Mods paraphrased it.