"I held it together for a while. But, eventually, I stopped going to my 12-step meetings. I was burnt out. I was super-stressed. We weren’t sleeping — doing a show every day, zigzagging all over the country. In terms of the media I was getting put into a box that I never saw for myself. The pressure and the fame — everything. All the clichés, man — like not being able to walk around, having no privacy, and from this TV appearance to this TV appearance, and the criticism, and the lack of connection, and the lack of meetings — all of that put into one pie was just … I just wanted to escape."
- His gf caught him during SXSW with pills, that sobered him for a while
- He relapsed a few weeks later and got high on marijuana
- Went high on business meetings, nobody really said something
- Tried to quit during the summer of 2014 without succeeding
- Decided to stop when his gf got pregnant in early 2015
- Has been sober ever since