Lol anyone remember this?
- Marco Ramirez (writer and producer on the Daredevil and Sons of Anarchy TV series) will be writing a screenplay for Warner Bros' proposed live-action Akira movie.
- Ramirez has also written for the Orange Is The New Black and Da Vinci's Demons TV series. Doug Petrie and him were also promoted to showrunners of the upcoming second season of Daredevil by Marvel Studios.
- The Akira live-action project, which was announced in 2008, was intended to be the directorial debut for Ireland's Ruairi Robinson. Through the Appian Way production company, Leonardo Dicaprio was also attached to the production of the project. Gary Whitta, Mark Fergus, Hawk Ostby, Albert Torres were also attached to the project as screenwriters.
- In October 2011, Warner gave director Jaume Collett Serra (Unknown, Orphan, House of Wax) the approval to begin filming in February or March 2012. Warner had talks with Garrett Hedlund, Kristen Stewart, Ken Watanabe and Helena Bonham Carter to star in the film.
- In January 2012, production was shut down. The project was stalled by Warner to revise the script so it would be less costly.
- The original science-fiction action manga, Akira (by Katsuhiro Otomo) is set in Neo-Tokyo, a city rebuilt after being destroyed in a mysterious explosion. The early proposals by Warner Bros showed that the story's setting was changed to "New Manhattan", "a city rebuilt after being destroyed 31 years ago".
+ New screenshots from the Attack on Titan live-action movie
Hiroki Hasegawa as
Not sure why they didn't want to use the character's original name.
Someone explain please
oomp i hope the cgi isn't too much of a mess
hey kiko. i mean mikasa
i think this is supposed to be armin
your potato girl Sasha lookin good
some extra character idk
not so sure who is this either. where the fuck is erwin
if u missed the trailer:
SOURCE 1 2
ok i knew Garrett Hedlund and Kristen Stewart were prev attached to this but i had no idea about Ken Watanabe and Helena Bonham Carter. needed that one token Asian actor, aye Warner Bros?