- Mega-star Mark Wahlberg, wasn’t as generous to one of his oldest and closest friends as his on-screen persona. A friend close to the Entourage producer said that the character of Turtle was modeled after the real-life Wahlberg entourage member.
- Donnie “Donkey” Carroll (Turtle) met Mark Wahlberg on the corner of Savin Hill and Dorchester avenues on the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts.
- Donkey came up with an idea for a reality show and book based on his 14 years of experiences being in the clique of one of the hottest up-and-coming actors in Hollywood.
- Mark told Donkey that no one is going to care about his story.
- "I got paid 500 a week to hang out." said Donkey. “I got paid to live his life.”
- Donkey got nothing. Nothing except a paper saying he’d keep his mouth shut.
- Donkey passed away at the age of 39. He died in his girlfriends arms from an asthma attact inside the emergency room.
- Wahlberg hasn't made amends with Donkey's family. He didn't even attend the funeral. He sent flowers and left a voicemail.
- Wahlberg's excuse was that his family was in town.
More at the source
Did you have a shitty friend that treated you like crap once they made it big ONTD? Are you going to see this film ONTD? Do you hate Marky Mark more then you did before reading this?