First of all, his AMC show HALT AND CATCH FIRE is back but it's bearchow.
According to Fashion & Style: the new season of "Halt and Catch Fire" is not off to the best start, ratings-wise. Though the Season 2 premiere brought in nearly .1 million more viewers than the Season 1 finale, the episode's ratings were down 45% from the Season 1 premiere. Additionally, the premiere's haul of .66 million didn't even match the freshman season's average of .77 million.
Lee is currently in China for fan events under Fanstang but Guangzhou was a disaster, Shanghai was worse, and now he's cancelled Beijing.
- Hot day in China. The event was in a small tent with poor air-conditioning and thousands of people.
- There were rumors that Lee got a heat stroke (he didn't get a heat stroke)
- He saved a little boy from a near-stampede
- His signing had to be moved because there were too many people for him + it was hot.
- Also rumors that they fed him McDonalds for lunch
- Fans were not allowed to touch him in day 2 during the autograph session.
- Some fans came in bridal wear for the photo op
- Lee's people had no idea organizers auctioned off seats to his table at the gala dinners. (They were sold at USD$4000++ per seat per night per city)
- When Lee found out, his management cancelled dinners in Shanghai and Beijing (he already went to the Guangzhou one)
- The organisers didn't secure police clearance for Lee's meet and greet event. The cops came.
- They had no choice but to cancel the event but the fans were already queued up outside in the rain.
- Lee is PISSED.
- He is also being stalked everywhere.
Poor fans who can't get into the tent because of the number they hold are left stranded in the rain for hours. pic.twitter.com/KHP65aCFW8— Martin's Little Babe (@crazyformf) June 2, 2015
Lee's friend in China has responsed. She said he is very very pissed wif the situation (1/2) pic.twitter.com/fu0tQyCHah— Flipper (@Sug8rluv) June 2, 2015
New Weibo from Lee. pic.twitter.com/qYwFE1oj1d— Martin's Little Babe (@crazyformf) June 2, 2015
FST's response. Hope this translation is clearer 😁 pic.twitter.com/ByEfJ5oFMP— Flipper (@Sug8rluv) June 2, 2015
- He cancelled Beijing.
The hotel in Beijing where Lee Pace's fan event will be held has confirmed that the event has been cancelled. pic.twitter.com/2NouuW5E76— Flipper (@Sug8rluv) June 3, 2015
UPDATE: His people set up a special meeting for Lee to meet a few lucky fans!
sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
poor bby :(
Did anyone watch Halt and Catch Fire? It was actually pretty good???