- Jennifer, along with Marvel's Chris #3 (Pratt) are in talks to star in Passengers, a space drama/romance. The guy who did The Imitation Game is supposed to direct.
- When Amazing Amy Pascal was still in charge, Sony agreed that Jennifer would be paid $20 million to star
- Chris Pratt was to get $10 million, and the director $3 million
- Now that Amy isn't in charge anymore, the new guy Jason Rothman and Sony don't wanna pay her that much because they're afraid it won't do well (original story/not a franchise, etc)
- Jennifer and her team are holding firm to the $20 million check or she'll walk away.
- One of the producers, Neal Moritz, says Sony has no reason to balk: "You've got the two biggest stars in the world. We're making the movie at a reasonable cost. It's a great script. It's all good."
- Sony could still just pull the plug on it all
rme @ it being a ~drama~ when it's a female actor vs. a male. where was the drama when johnny depp got paid huge amounts to star in flop after flop?