Disney CEO Bob Iger talked about Star Wars at a press conference today.
- 'The Force Awakens' merchandise will hit stores nationwide on September 4th at 12:01 AM at an event called "Force Friday". Merchandise will include light sabers, action figures, leogs, etc.
- Disney Infinity 3.0 will feature Star Wars characters including Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi and more.
- Star Wars: Battlefront due in November
- Disney is coming up with plans for more Star Wars related attractions at their various theme parks.
- Iger boasted that the second teaser trailer released online garnered 80 million views in the first 24 hours and "hundreds of millions since. Quite amazing."
- Research firm Amobee Brand Intelligence said Tuesday that there was 197 percent more digital consumption around the franchise on May 4 — "Star Wars Day" (May the Fourth be with you) — then there was for Avengers: Age of Ultron the day it opened, May 1.
- "Star Wars is part of the national cultural identity in a way where online interest far exceeds other popular movie franchises," Amobee concluded.