Are you ready to go back to Titanic? Four Funnels Entertainment is the team behind Titanic: Honor and Glory, an in-development PC game that seeks to recreate the famous ship as authentically as possible. The project has been in the works for many years and the team has finally released an early free walkthrough demo, allowing players to explore a small section of the ship.
The demo can be downloaded here, at the official Titanic: Honor and Glory website.( trailer+screenshots+moreCollapse )
More info about the project:
- The developers are currently running a fundraising campaign for Phase 3 of the project.
- The game will have two modes: Story Mode (which ends in the sinking) and Free Roam Mode (players can explore the ship at their leisure).
- The game's developers believe they have made a new discovery about the ship during their research for the game, regarding the design of the bulkhead between the First Class Reception Room and First Class Dining Room. (Watch a video of their findings!)
- Consultants for the project include Titanic historians, authors, illustrators and several people who have been to the wreck site; especially notable is famous illustrator Ken Marschall, whose detailed paintings of the ship have been reproduced in books, documentaries and other media around the world.
- The release date is projected to be 2017.
[source: information from the official website, write-up is my own]