On the latest episode of MTV's webseries "Braless," host Laci Green discusses slut-shaming, and the Amber Rose/Khloe Kardashian feud.
- Slut-shame is mostly hurled at women BY women. She uses the Amber vs Khloe twitter battle as an example.
- Slut is defined as "an immoral destitute woman" or a "dirty, slovenly woman." The term represents something much broader than a woman who likes to have sex. And because it describes an "other," meaning something you don't want to identify with, it is easier for women to throw the word around.
- According to Dr. Kathryn Stamoulis in a Psychology Today article, "One of the easiest ways a girl can represent herself as a 'good girl' is by labeling someone else's sexuality as 'bad'"
- Amber Rose's instagram is proof of her fight against slut-shaming
- Many of the people who slut shame are a lot like the girls they're trying to slut shame
- Studies have shown that promiscious women do not trust or even accept other promiscious women
- She quotes Tina Fey's character in Mean Girls saying that women should stop calling each other sluts if they want men to stop.
Amber needs a tag. Idk what I'm supposed to tag this with tbh