- Planning to launch in April, in time for the season premiere of Game of Thrones
- Going to cost $14.99/month
- Will launch exclusively on Apple devices, including the Apple TV, iPad, and iPhone, and HBO will offer a 30-day free trial to customers who sign up through Apple in April (but can also be watched on hbonow.com)
- Will have all the same content as HBOGo, including their entire library of shows & docs, plus will stream the live broadcast
- The price of an HBO cable subscription will drop as a result
- HBO is anticipating 10 to 15 million people to drop their premium cable subscription in favor of this
- HBO’s CEO Richard Plepler calls HBO’s new streaming service a “transformative moment” for the company
Well ONTD, time to put your money where your mouth is. Will you stop torrenting and start paying $14.99/month for HBO's streaming service?