- Show synopsis: "The Get Down will focus on 1970s New York City – broken down and beaten up, violent, cash strapped — dying. Consigned to rubble, a rag-tag crew of South Bronx teenagers are nothings and nobodies with no one to shelter them – except each other, armed only with verbal games, improvised dance steps, some magic markers and spray cans. From Bronx tenements, to the SoHo art scene; from CBGBs to Studio 54 and even the glass towers of the just-built World Trade Center, The Get Down is a mythic saga of how New York at the brink of bankruptcy gave birth to hip-hop, punk and disco — told through the lives and music of the South Bronx kids who changed the city, and the world…forever."
- Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge, The Great Gatsby) and Shawn Ryan (The Shield, Terriers) will executive produce.
- The show has been given a 13-episode series order.
- Baz has been working on the project for ten years and will also direct.
- The Get Down will arrive in all territories on Netflix in 2016.
Sources: One, two