Hundred Eyes (Tom Wu) teaches Marco Polo (Lorenzo Richelmy) kung fu
Kokachin (Zhu Zhu) gives advice to Marco Polo
Some consistent comments from early critic reviews of Marco Polo
- They spent $90 mil on it - most expensive TV show behind Game of Thrones.
- Crappy dialogue and writing in general
- The lead (Lorenzo Richelmy) is awful, one reviewer has dubbed him "CW-lite"
- Negative reviews coming from top reviewers too like Hollywood Reporter and Variety
- Consistent praise for Benedict Wong (plays Kublai Khan). Also not enough Joan Chen (Empress Chabi) and other supporting cast members--it also been noted the writing brings these actors down.
- Other reviews calling it out for its racism and sexism and unnecessary amount of female nudity (men remain fully clothed of course)