So K. Michelle stopped by the Breakfast Club, again, and finally spilt what really went down between her and Idris Elba.
On the album being about Idris:
“Yeah, [this album is about Idris Elba]. I’m not going to sit up here and lie to y’all.”
On how their fling affected his relationship with his son’s mother, Naiyana Garth:
“I don’t know. He’s not married.”
Skip to 17:02 for the Idris stuff
- Says her and Idris dated for about 8 months.
- Says Idris and the mother of his child were not together at the time but thinks they are now.
- Broke up with Idris because she didn't want to make him choose between her and the mother of his (newborn) child.
- Idris knows the album is about him, has heard it, and is ok with her releasing it. Told K "This is art. I hate that we're at this place".
- When she first met him she thought he was fine but wanted a rapper. Couldn't get used to being with a man who "Got up in the morning and put on Burberry and tight slacks".
Breakfast Club Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lawn1s1f3usal
'Maybe I Should Call' Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J6IcvdsKrs
Madam Noire http://madamenoire.com/494822/k-michelle-comes-clean-relationship-breakup-idris-elba/#sthash.Jp3HJxTv.FdKISQRw.dpuf
I'm suprised (but not really) that this story hasn't been picked up by more 'mainstream' gossip blogs/sites.
ETA: Obviously Idris is just as messy (if not more) than K. Michelle in this.