- Says he picked Nolan over Sam Mendes to direct The Prestige after Nolan sent him a VHS of his movie Following.
- Says The Prestige and Memento are Nolan's only great films.
- Calls Nolan's other works "shallow and badly written".
- Says the Batman Trilogy is "boring and pretentious" and that it was a bad idea to give a superhero movie psychological realism. "There is no psychological realism. He's a bodybuilder who jumps off buildings."
- Says Nolan is trying to be "some kind of modern [Stanley] Kubrick. And I think he'd be better off being a modern [Alfred] Hitchcock".