This Japanese pop star turned actor is poised to take over the world after his stellar performance in Unbroken http://t.co/pYJpRBmNK8— VANITY FAIR (@VanityFair) December 2, 2014
- he released his debut solo album in 2002 (and before that had joined a visual kei band in 1999 called Dué le Quartz)
- played himself in the 2004 mess Oresama where he travels back in time and starts a band, then befriends himself
- moved to Los Angeles in 2006 to learn English
- president of his own record company
- initially hesitant to accept the Unbroken role because of his music career, but was convinced after meeting Angie
- calls Angelina Jolie 'Angie'
- He, Garrett Hedlum, and Jack O'Connell surprised Angelina on set by performing a cover of the Rolling Stones' 'Angie'
- garnering Oscar buzz for the best supporting actor category
read the deets at the source