Seven members of a gang were arrested were arrested this week in Mumbai for planning to target Bollywood big wigs like Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan, and Mahesh Bhatt, according to police sources. The gang worked for underworld don Ravi Pujari who is based abroad.
This gang was arrested for firing at the Mumbai home of producer Karim Morani who holds distribution rights of Happy New Year.
Other important facts:
- Pujari ordered reconnaissance on SRK and Farah's homes/offices.
- Monitored Mahesh Bhatt's movements for two months. (ALIA STAY SAFE!!)
- Police says: "Our police officers had information that the seven were carrying weapons and were about to kill a famous Bollywood personality to establish themselves in the industry so they could extort money later"
- Ravi Pujari, who allegedly makes regular extortion demands of Bollywood personalities, is reportedly outraged that he was not given the international rights to Happy New Year
- He also allegedly demanded a share of the earnings from a massive international publicity tour that included Shah Rukh Khan.
Bollywood-underworld connections are really interesting once you get deep into it
reworded by me