Many of the most famous horror movies in history were plagued with death, disaster and chaos. In fact, the behind the scenes issues might be more terrifying than the films. Here are some of the most creepy cursed Horror movie productions in Hollywood. Let's take a look at some of the odd stories.
Potergeist was a huge hit but the Trilogy of films produced some odd real life occurences of death and despair. In the six years between the release of the first and third films, four cast members died during and after production. The rumor has long been that real skeletons were used as props in the first and second films causing the cast and crew to be cursed.
- Dominique Dunne, who played the eldest daughter Dana in the first movie, died on November 4, 1982, at age 22 after being strangled by her abusive former boyfriend John Thomas Sweeney. He was convicted of voluntary manslaughter and sentenced to six years in prison, but was paroled after serving three and a half years.
- Julian Beck, 60-year-old actor who played Henry Kane (Creepy Old Man) in Poltergeist II: The Other Side, died on September 14, 1985, of stomach cancer diagnosed before he had accepted the role.
- Will Sampson, 53 years old, who played Taylor the medicine man in Poltergeist II, died as a result of post-operative kidney failure and pre-operative malnutrition problems on June 3, 1987.
- Heather O'Rourke, who played Carol Anne in all three Poltergeist movies, died on February 1, 1988 at the age of 12 during surgery to repair an acute bowel obstruction.
- JoBeth Williams who played the Mother, claims she returned home from the set each day to find pictures on her wall askew! She would then straighten them out, only to find them crooked again the next day.
Rosemary's Baby is a 1968 Roman Polanski film about a Manhattan woman whose husband signs a Faustian pact with the Satan-worshipping cult next door.
- The film's composer died of a brain clot one year after making the film. Oddly enough, this is the same way a character dies in the film.
- One of the film's producer's, William Castle, suffered a kidney failure right after the film was completed and repeatedly said the film was cursed.
- The most interesting part is that director Roman Polanski (shitty person and human) bought a house for himself and his 8 months pregnant wife Sharon Tate. The former owner of the house was music producer Terry Melcher, who had previously refused to record Charles Manson's music. Manson expressed his disappointment by ordering his cult to go to Polanski's house. There, they killed Sharon Tate, her unborn baby and four others, stabbing the victims multiple times. After the murders, one of the killers took a rag, soaked up some of Tate's blood and wrote "pig" on the front door with it. Horrific and gruesome and imo, way worse than the Poltergeist curse.
- The Manson family nicknamed their murder spree "Helter Skelter" after the Beatles song. Later, John Lennon would be murdered outside his hotel The Dakota. This was the same hotel used in some scenes of Rosemary's Baby.
“The story of Rosemary’s Baby was happening in real life. Witches, all of them, were casting their spell, and I was becoming one of the principal players.” – Producer of Rosemary’s Baby
The Exorcist was the film that had the possessed girl spitting up pea soup on the priest, a classic film. It also had some scary shit happening behind the scenes.
- There were a number of deaths that occured during and after production of the film. The rough estimate is 9.
- The son of the actor (Jason Miller) who played Father Karras was severely injured by a speeding motorbike during the filming of the movie.
- Miller was approached by a Priest during filming and given a medallion of the blessed virgin as a form of intervention. The priest warned Miller to be careful and the medallion was for protection.
- Ellen Burstyn who played the mother in the film was injured on set. She received a permanent injury to her spine during the filming of a scene.
- A carpenter lost some of his fingers from an accident working on the film.
- The set caught on fire and was never explained. No one was on the set at the time. A real exorcism was requested on the set to help with anxiety for cast and crew but a blessing was performed instead.
- A special effects crew member constantly reported feeling eerie on set and the writer of the film experienced odd occurences as well.
Source: Wikipedia and Me
I would have posted later but I will be drunk. Share your scary stories, GIF's, etc. Get creepy.