Marvel Studios gave Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn an infinity stone for his 44th birthday, a replica of the one so coveted by Thanos (Josh Brolin) in Gunn's film.
Gunn showed off the goods on Instagram on Friday.
The kicker? A quote from Peter Quill (Chris Pratt), which could also describe Gunn's much-praised execution of Guardians: "That was a pretty good plan."
Marvel has been dropping infinity stones into its movies since 2011's Captain America: The First Avenger — with that film's Tesseract heavily playing in to 2012's The Avengers. Thor: The Dark World saw the introduction of the Aether, and Guardians gave us The Orb.
There are still three more of these unbelievably powerful infinity stones to be introduced, but there's time.
Marvel confirmed Thanos will appear in next summer's Avengers: Age of Ultron — and heavily implied he would be the villain of Avengers 3 when Brolin crashed Marvel's Comic-Con panel wearing an Infinity Gauntlet, the glove Thanos wears in the comics to yield the power of all six infinity stones.
Guardians of the Galaxy is battling Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the box office this weekend, with Guardians on track to come in at No. 2 with $42 million for its second week.
ONTD, if you could possess one infinity stone, which would it be?
1. Space (Tesseract): Teleportation and telekinesis across the entirety of the universe
2. Reality (Aether): Grants wishes, but hard to control right
3. Power (Orb): Crazy destruction and superpowers
4. Mind (Loki's Scepter?): Telepathy, mind control, superintelligence
5. Time: Time travel, can age and de-age living beings
6. Soul: Control over living and dead souls; gateway to a paradise; is also sentient and hungers for your fucking soul, jfc
7. No one should have such power!