1. Varsity Blood (2014): Written and directed by the writer of the awesome Bloody Homecoming! The movie sounds like a great time and after talking to the writer/director and being shown the trailer…this looks like my PERFECT slasher, full of gore, suspense, hot men, and I almost died when I counted at LEAST FIVE CHASE SCENES!!! Everyone who knows me knows about my intense love of chase scenes in slasher films. The early word of mouth is that this one is quite fantastic and Bloody Homecoming is one of my favourite recent slasher films. This is my top anticipated slasher of 2014!
2. The Pickaxe Murders Part III: The Final Chapter (2014): Right after Varsity Blood would The Pickaxe Murders Part III: The Final Chapter. What fascinates me about this movie is that there IS NO part 1 and 2. The director/writer wrote a trilogy, but his favourite was part 3…so he decided to shoot that first in case he couldn’t make all three films. But he has attracted so much talent with Tiffany Shepis as the final girl and he has had articles in Fangoria and Gorezone…and I’m friends with the writer/director on Facebook and he is an awesome man who like the two above, knows horror like no other. He knows what we want as horror fans and I know he is going to deliver. And for all the straight men and lesbians, the director/writer promises tons of blood and nudity! Plus for myself and all the girls, there seems to be tons of cute guys aw well.
3. Easter Sunday (2014): My third most anticipated slasher film is Easter Sunday, an Easter set slasher film that seems like it’ll be great fun. After talking to the director/writer, he knows horror really well and he’s a great guy who I have had some BADASS conversations with. Plus the film got some awesome horror actors in there, with Maniac Cop himself in a lead role…nice! It’s nice to see new talent behind the camera in the slasher sub genre.
4. The New Family (2015): Once again, I’m friends with the people behind this film…but it has a great unique plot about someone murdering pregnant women and it is set in the glorious 80s, like so many of the great slasher films. Making the young victims, including the final girl, pregnant adds a unique spin to the sub genre and really ups the creep factor. It has a badass poster and it just sounds like it’ll be a terrifying film!
5. Dismembering Christmas (2015): From my friends who made the awesome Don’t Go to the Reunion comes their sophomore slasher film. It sounds like it’ll be a good time and I’m a sucker for a Christmas slasher film! I honestly don’t know much about this film, but I have complete faith in these guys as they truly delivered for me in their first film.
Rest at the Source