• Hollywood Rounds begin Wednesday Feb 5
• Semi-finalists revealed Thursday Feb 13
• WINNER CANDICE GLOVER will be featured in a VICTORY SPECIAL on Tuesday Feb 19!
• Voting begins Wednesday Feb 19
• FAST PASSES awarded Wednesday March 5
• The Finale will take place in NEW YORK CITY! Tuesday May 20 and Wednesday May 21
Here’s the format. Auditions are as always, and will take place over a 6 episode two week period. ”The Road to Hollywood” is coming back. That will be the last episode. See the schedule below!
The Hollywood Rounds air in 3 parts. There will be a “Green Mile” episode. by the end of it, the TOP 50 will be whittled down to the Top 31.
Candice Glover gets her very own special! On Tuesday Feb 18. Candice returns to celebrate the long-awaited release of her debut album, Music Speaks. She’ll also be on hand to preview the NEWLY DESIGNED IDOL STAGE and advise the new contestants. The special is named Candice Glover: Up Close and Personal. The American Idol season 12 winner will sing songs from the new album. There will also be a Q&A and surprise musical guests.
Here’s where the big changes come. The semi-finals will come in TWO phases.
• The Top 31 will be split into 3 groups based on AGE. Seniors, Intermediates and Juniors.
• Starting, Wednesday Feb. 19, One group of semi-finalists will sing for both the judges consideration and America’s votes, in 3 separate episodes.
• On Thursday Feb 27, in the first results show, only 16 semi-finalists will advance. This is the first LIVE show.
• On Wednesday March 6 in a 2 1/2 hour broadcast, the Top 16 will perform live.
Before the votes are cast, a few will be fast-tracked to the finals.
• On Thursday March 7, The Top 12 will be revealed, live.
• The finals begin on Wednesday March 12. The Judges Save is STILL A THING. On Thursday May 15, an expanded Idol will commemorate its 500th episode. A finalist will be eliminated. THIRTY MINUTE RESULTS SHOW DURING THE FINALS PHASE.
The GRAND FINALE will take place in New York City at Madison Square Garden. The Final 2 perform on Tuesday, May 20 and the winner will be revealed on Wednesday May 21.
Check out the schedule below
• Wednesday, Jan. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM) Season Premiere, Part 1 – Boston, MA
• Thursday, Jan. 16 (8:00-10:00 PM) Season Premiere, Part 2 – Austin, TX
• Wednesday, Jan. 22 (8:00-10:00 PM) Detroit, MI & Salt Lake City, UT
• Thursday, Jan. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM) Atlanta, GA
• Wednesday, Jan. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM) Omaha, NE & San Francisco, CA
•Thursday, Jan. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM) The Road to Hollywood
• Wednesday, Feb. 5 (8:00-10:00 PM) Hollywood Week, Part 1
• Thursday, Feb. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM) Hollywood Week, Part 2
• Wednesday, Feb. 12 (8:00-10:00 PM) Hollywood Week, Part 3
•Thursday, Feb. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM) The Green Mile; Semifinalists Revealed
Candice Glover Special
• Tuesday, Feb. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM) Candice Glover: Up Close and Personal. Sponsored by iTunes.
• Wednesday, Feb. 19 (8:00-10:00 PM) Semifinalists in the Senior Division, Ages 22 & Over, Perform; Voting Begins
• Thursday, Feb. 20 (8:00-10:00 PM) Semifinalists in the Intermediate Division, Ages 18 to 21, Perform
• Wednesday, Feb. 26 (8:00-10:00 PM) Semifinalists in the Junior Division, Ages 17 & Under, Perform
• Thursday, Feb. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM) LIVE Results Show; Top 16 Revealed
• Wednesday, March 5 (8:00-10:30 PM) Top 16 Semifinalists Perform & Fast Passes Awarded LIVE
• Thursday, March 6 (8:00-10:00 PM) LIVE Results Show; Top 12 Completed
• Wednesdays, beginning March 12 (8:00-10:00 PM) Finalists Perform LIVE
• Thursdays, beginning March 13 (8:00-8:30 PM) LIVE Results Show (39 minute episodes)
• Thursday, May 15 (8:00-9:00 PM) LIVE Results Show; Final 2 Revealed (500th Episode)
• Tuesday, May 20 (8:00-9:00 PM) LIVE Season Finale, Part 1 – Final 2 Perform (Special Tuesday Airing)
• Wednesday, May 21 (8:00-10:00 PM) LIVE Season Finale, Part 2 – Winner Announced
VMA Executive Producers and the Grammys Director. Idol's not playin'!