With the ’90s coming back in pretty much every way, we had a huge urge to look back at some of that decade’s most iconic fashion moments. From Cher and Dionne’s unabashed playfulness in “Clueless” to, yes, Moss at her prime, we’re still obsessed with pretty much everything that happened in fashion in the ’90s.
2. The masterpiece that was "Clueless." From the moment Alicia Silverstone's Cher hit the screen, her all-plaid-all-day wardrobe—and penchant for name-dropping designers like Azzedine Alaïa and Calvin Klein—earned its permanent place in our sartorial hearts.
4. Gwen Stefani's No Doubt era. Crop tops. Drop-crotch Hammer pants. Dark red lipstick. Bindhis. And platinum blonde braids knotted on the top of her head. This was Gwen Stefani during her pre-eminent No Doubt era, and as much as we love her now, nothing compares to her then.
5. "Beverly Hills, 90210." Now one of the ultimate time capsules from this period of fashion, "Beverly Hills, 90210" is a veritable archive of tie-waist button-ups, cutoff denim shorts, and lots and lots of hair gel.
13. The Spice Girls. Sky-high platform boots, crop tops, latex, leather, mini dresses, pig tails, and tank tops. Oh, and plenty of eye liner. This pretty much sums up the influence of the Spice Girls.
15. Kurt Cobain-fueled grunge. The grunge movement, both in music and in fashion, was thanks largely to Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, who wore nothing but loose-fitting jeans, cardigan sweaters, holy T-shirts, and plaid.
The rest @ the source
90's post? y/y
What were your fav styles, ONTD?
I wanted all of Cher's & Buffy's closets + kept trying the 'Oops' eyeshadow style but my mom was nhft