If Brian Holloway thought the hundreds of teenagers who destroyed his home were ruthless, wait until their families are through with him.
Several parents are reportedly considering lawsuits against the former NFL star after he posted their children's names on a website created in the wake of the Labor Day weekend house party.
The website, www.helpmesave300.com, identifies over 100 of the estimated 300 house-crashers who trashed his upstate New York residence, and includes photos and tweets that documented the reckless destruction.
But rather than apologize to Holloway for their children's behavior, some parents have contacted their lawyers to see what legal action they can take against the former Patriots and Raiders offensive lineman, local affiliate ABC News 10 reported.
"Parents have threatened me," Holloway, a three-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl XX veteran, told ABC News. "Your kids are in my house breaking and stealing my stuff and you are mad at me because I posted pictures that they took and posted themselves of them partying and tearing things up?"
Even more troubling for Holloway is the fact that he offered parents the chance to make amends for the estimated $20,000 in damage caused to his house, including smashed windows and glass doors, urinated carpets, holes in the ceilings, as well as a stolen eagle statue that was part of a memorial for his stillborn grandson.
The former grid iron star is holding a picnic for veterans at the home on Saturday, and invited the rowdy teens and their parents to help him clean the house.
"Come out and help set up, fix up, bring food, and picnic stuff, so we can honor these real HEROS," he wrote on his website. "I'm here. Come now. Take a stand for your future. This is called redemption."
"I expected 100 parents to show. Only one showed up," he told ABC News.
Had more of them taken up Holloway on his offer, they would have seen evidence of illegal drug and alcohol use in addition to random acts of violence.
"You can see the scars on the floor from where the keggers were brought through. The carpet, there was beer liquor and everything else you can think of, so we had to remove the carpet."
Holloway, who was in his primary residence in Lutz, Fl., at the time of the party, hasn't decided whether he'll press charges against the teenagers.
So far no arrests have been made.
Holloway said he hoped the incident would motivate more parents to check what their kids are posting to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
"Parents need to step up and go old school," he told CNN.
And From Deadspin:
“You would not believe the calls that have come in, threatening to firebomb me or hurt or sue me — any manner of things,” the stunned Holloway told The Post Thursday as he toiled away cleaning up the damage at his 200-acre spread in Rensselaer County.
“Some complained that this will ruin their kids’ college plans. Others have threatened me, saying ‘Take my kid’s name down or I’m gonna press charges against you.’
I want him to press charges just to see the parents desperately try and pull some lawsuit out of their ass considering THE KIDS POSTED THE PICTURES THEMSELVES.