Cory Monteith's Cause of Death: Heroin and Alcohol



The BC Coroners Service says Cory Monteith died of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.” The results of an autopsy and toxicological analysis were released on Tuesday afternoon.

“It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” read a news release issued by the BC Coroners Service, which is continuing its investigation and will issue a Coroners Report once the investigation is concluded.

Mr. Monteith’s family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death, according to the news release. On behalf of his family, the Coroners Service has asked the media to respect their privacy and expresses its sincere condolences to Mr. Monteith’s family and friends.

The Calgary-born and Victoria-raised star of the hit TV show Glee was found dead in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel shortly after noon on Saturday. Hotel staff checked his room after he did not check out as scheduled, and found his body.

SOURCE

Cory Monteith died from a lethal combination of heroin and alcohol ... this according to Canadian authorities.

The British Columbia Coroners Service says an autopsy and toxicological analysis show that the 31-year-old "Glee" star died on from a "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol."

Monteith's body was discovered by staffers at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver, Canada on July 13.

Monteith had struggled with addiction for years and had been to rehab earlier this year.

Monteith had said he began struggling with drugs and alcohol as a young teenager.

Story developing ...

SOURCE 2

Video from the Coroners Service, with the Coroner announcing cause of death: