Say it ain’t so! Since Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are both in the Big Apple on May 6, the night of the 2013 Met Gala, it seemed like a given that the adorable couple would be arm-in-arm for the huge event. However, K-Stew is planning on attending the event with fashion designer and BFF, Nicolas Ghesquiere, according to fashion journalist Jim Shi.
Jim tweeted early on May 6 that Kristen was said to be attending the Met Ball with Nicolas, the designer K-Stew got extremely close to when he was the head of Balenciaga.
It’s definitely odd that K-Stew and Rob aren’t going together, especially considering they’re in the same city and Rob doesn’t have any apparent commitments in the way.
If Kristen couldn’t get her leading man to come, she definitely picked her second favorite. She and Nicolas are great friends and she hasn’t been afraid to show her love for him.
In a recent interview, K-Stew chatted about her outrage over Nicolas leaving Balenciaga, the fashion house for which Kristen has just signed a second campaign deal.
“He is a reminder of how f**king annoying everyone else is,” Kristen told the German magazine 032c. “It’s not easy to walk a line that not every single person in the world is going to get in a second. Nicolas is the sort of person who loves swimming in rough water.” K-Stew added that when she found out Nicolas was leaving Balenciaga, she told him, “I will totally run away with you.”
She didn’t end up running away with him, so maybe she’s making up for that by taking him to the Met Ball.
Who's wearing what?
So far, we know..
• K. Stew w/ Nicolas Ghesquiere
• Amanda Seyfried is being dressed by Givenchy (source)
• Michael Kors is taking Jennifer Lopez
• Valentino is taking Gwyneth Paltrow
• Dior is taking Jennifer Lawrence and Marion Cotillard
• Alexander Wang is taking Julianne Moore for Balenciaga omw
• Tommy Hilfiger is hosting at his table and dressing (with a little help from Trash & Vaudeville) a very motley crew including Debbie Harry, Nicki Minaj, Zooey Deschanel, Lily Aldridge, screenwriter Jamie Linden, music publicist Jason Weinberg, musician Marky Ramone with wife Marion, actress Thalia Mottola, music executive Tommy Mottola, and Kings of Leon lead vocalist Caleb Followill
• Rodarte’s Kate and Laura Mulleavy are taking Elle and Dakota Fanning
• Joseph Altuzarra is taking Allison Williams
• Brian Atwood is taking Elizabeth Banks
• Christopher Kane is taking Stella Tennant
• Nina Ricci’s Peter Copping is taking Carolyn Murphy
• Diane Von Furstenberg is taking Emma Roberts and Kate Upton
• Tory Burch is taking Jessica Alba
• Topshop is taking Jaime King and Julianne Hough
• Kenzo’s Humberto Leon and Carol Lim are taking Solange Knowles
• Anthony Vaccarello is taking Gisele Bundchen
• Riccardo Tisci is taking fellow co-chair Rooney Mara
• Burberry is taking (rumored new face) Sienna Miller
• Peter Pilotto is taking Brooklyn Decker
• Samsung is taking Psy (Yes, Psy.)
• Saint Laurent is taking Greta Gerwig (we hear)
• John Galliano is not attending, even though his designs are featured in the exhibit. “One step at a time,” Galliano’s publicist Liz Rosenberg told the New York Post, when asked about whether the designer would attend the gala, adding, “and that’s one huge mother f – - kin’ staircase.”
• J.Mendel is taking Chanel Iman + potentially Taylor Swift
• Vivienne Westwood is taking Lily Cole
• Mindy Kaling is going with Allure and wearing Lela Rose (watch out for her tweets because if they’re anything like her fake ones from New York Fashion Week, they’re gonna be good)
• Suzy Menkes is wearing vintage Zandra Rhodes
• Lena Dunham will be wearing custom Erdem
• Diane Kruger will be wearing Chanel Haute Couture (omw)
• Gwen Stefani will wear custom Maison Martin Margiela
• Anna Wintour and January Jones will both be wearing Chanel
• Emmy Rossum, Hailee Steinfeld, Naomie Harris & Jennifer Morrison will all be in custom Donna Karan Atelier
• Abbey Lee Kershaw will be attending with Rag & Bone
ETA Oh Lawd....