Katherine Jackson Says She Was Tricked Into Arizona Trip & Blocked From Contacting Grandkids

In a sworn declaration filed Thursday (Aug. 2), the King of Pop's mom detailed her mysterious 10 day absence

Katherine Jackson is strongly suggesting she was tricked into traveling to Arizona last month and blocked from communicating with Michael Jackson's three kids -- this according to a sworn declaration by Katherine herself, filed Thursday (Aug. 2).

The 82-year-old told the court that she was originally scheduled to travel by car to New Mexico to see her sons, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon perform at a concert in Albuquerque.

However, the day before her departure (July 14)... a doctor was brought to her house, "stating he had been in contact with my longtime personal physician and was coming to check on me because my personal physician was unavailable."

"The doctor advised that it was better for me to fly and not drive to New Mexico," Katherine Jackson wrote.

She obliged, "believing that the doctor was sent at the request of my longtime personal physician."

The visitor in question was reportedly Dr. Allan Metzger, the former physician of both Michael and Janet Jackson. Metzger served as a defense expert witness for Dr. Conrad Murray last year, though his testimony largely helped the prosecution's case. (Murray was subsequently convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Michael Jackson’s death.)

According to Katherine Jackson's attorney Sandra Ribera... the 82-year-old's long-time personal physician was unaware of the July 14th home visit and "has no association with Dr. Metzger."

Katherine Jackson subsequently left California on July 15... but when she got off the plane, she was surprised to find herself in Tucson, Arizona, where she had been set up at a luxury resort by several of her children.

The matriarch said that, during her stay at Miraval Spa, her cellphone "was taken away," and her room phone "was not functioning and I could not dial out." (Miraval Spa provides landlines and bedside phones within every room.)

Katherine added that "when one of the people with me asked if I could communicate with my iPad, and I replied 'yes'... my iPad was also taken away."

The television set in her room didn't work, either, "despite repeated requests to those with me to have it fixed."

According to previous filings, Jermaine, Janet, Rebbie and Randy Jackson were staying with their mother at Miraval Spa during her trip.

(ABOVE: Katherine Jackson, surrounded by family members, reading aloud a prewritten statement on ABC News, July 25.)

It was by complete chance that Katherine awakened one morning to the sound of her television blaring.

"While there was no picture, I heard a broadcast that stated I was missing," she wrote, adding that "I was also never told that my attorney, Perry Sanders, Jr. had flown to Tucson in an attempt to meet with me in person in attempts to find out what was going on." (Janet and Jermaine Jackson -- who met Sanders at Miraval Spa on July 25 -- refused to let him see his client.)

When Katherine had asked about her grandchildren (Prince, Paris and Blanket), whom she is legally responsible for... she was told "they were fine" and there was nothing to worry about.

"I was informed by those who I was with that they had been in contact with others concerning the well-being of my grandchildren," she wrote in her affidavit. "I was never informed that Prince, Paris, Blanket and T.J. were trying to reach me. Had I known the fact, and if I had been provided with the means to contact [them]... I would never have gone for such a long period of time without communicating with them."

Katherine added: "At the time, I trusted the people I was with to be honest with me."

The 82-year-old said she was "finally permitted" to speak to her grandchildren the night before she left Arizona (July 25).

On July 26, Michael Jackson's eldest son, Prince, took to Twitter and put his aunts and uncles on blast. "After speaking with [my grandma], I realized how misguided and how badly she was lied to," the 15-year-old wrote. "I’m really angry and hurt."

Some of Katherine Jackson's new comments appear in conflict with a statement she made to ABC News while still in Arizona... in which she claimed Prince, Paris and Blanket could not contact her for 10 days because she was on a "short vacation" and "didn't want to have any phone calls."

T.J. Jackson -- the 34-year-old son of Tito Jackson -- was named temporary guardian of his uncle Michael's kids last week, after Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff heard family concerns that Katherine was being held against her will out of state.

The judge said Thursday (Aug. 2) that T.J. will stay on as a temporary guardian until an Aug. 22 hearing where he will be named co-guardian.

The filing was accompanied by affidavits from the late King of Pop’s two older children, Paris, 14, and Prince, 15. The children wrote that they consented to the shared custody arrangement for themselves and their younger brother, Blanket, 10.

In their court filings, Katherine Jackson's lawyers noted speculation that her mysterious disappearance last month was part of a plot to "gain control over Mrs. Jackson as a means to get at funds" belonging Michael Jackson's children.

"As co-guardian, T.J. will be able to ensure that no outside forces try to divert the family allowance or any other resources ... to anyone or for any reason other than the benefit of the minor children," attorneys Perry Sanders and Sandra Ribera wrote.

Outside court, lawyers for T.J. and Katherine Jackson said they didn’t want to speak about the trip anymore and hoped the incident was behind the family.

The judge also removed an order that barred the children from traveling out of state. They are to mark their father’s birthday later this month with a celebration in Gary, Indiana -- the family hometown.

Sources - 1, 2, 3, 4