Sad Day at Comic Con

Oh no! Just when things were starting to settle in for Twilight fans at Comic-Con, a woman was reportedly injured when she was struck by a car outside of the San Diego Comic-Con convention center.

According to one attendant's tweet, "If you pray pls do so now for Twi fan G! She was just hit by a car in front of the convention center! She was unconscious when taken hosp."

Vale from Twilight Poison, who was nearby the incident, has informed me that the fan in question was crossing the street next to Hall H when she was struck by a vehicle. "From the moment she was hit to when the ambulance arrived and took her, she was completely unconscious. I don't know if it's super serious but it might be if she was knocked off her feet and left unconscious! ... Everybody is pretty shaken up about it," she explained.

Let's hope her injuries are not serious, poor thing!

UPDATE: Sadly, it has now been reported that "G" now been pronounced dead as a result of the incident, due a head injury. According to her friend who reported the accident on Twitter, "Im sorry to tell everyone G passed away." What a sad day for us all.

UPDATE 3: I've now learned that the victim's name was Gisella G. and that her Twitter handle was @Mad4Hugh. A photo of her with friends camping for the event can be seen here (the woman in the green shirt). The area is now being blocked off by police, as can be seen in this picture. She was reportedly 53 years old, and the driver was a 67-year-old male.

And more details thanks to imnotasquirrel

SAN DIEGO — A portion of Harbor Drive in downtown San Diego was closed Tuesday morning while police investigated a fatal crash in which a female pedestrian was struck by a car.

Police closed westbound Harbor from Fifth to Eighth avenues, said police Lt. Andra Brown. Northbound Fifth at Harbor also was closed.

The 53-year-old woman, who was in San Diego for Comic-Con at the nearby San Diego Convention Center, was struck at Fifth and Harbor, Brown said.

Police said she was in a crosswalk and tried to run across Harbor about 9:20 a.m. She tried to stop when she saw an oncoming Subaru but ended up tripping into the car, Brown said.

An ambulance took the unconscious woman, who was bleeding profusely from her head, to a hospital where she died, Brown said.

The 67-year-old male driver stopped and was being interviewed by officers.



That's just really sad to hear about. Especially at an event like this.