As part of the TCA Press Tour presentation for The CW, President Mark Pedowitz took some time to talk about returning faces for the Fall, increased episode orders for a number of their already-established shows, the interest in developing other DC Comics properties now that Smallville has ended, and the possibility of remakes and re-boots of previous projects. Here are the most interesting points:
- One of the big goals of The CW is for more original programming, so that their TV shows don’t take as long of a break between episodes around the holiday season.
- The new Fall season will kick off on Monday, September 12th with a special on Lady Gaga.
- The CW is thrilled to be the home of Sarah Michelle Gellar and Rachel Bilson’s return to television, with Ringer (premiering on September 13th) and Hart of Dixie (premiering on September 26th), respectively.
- There will be more original episodes this season for returning series Supernatural, Nikita, Gossip Girl and 90210, and the final season for One Tree Hill is currently set for 13 episodes in mid-season.
- This upcoming season is not intended to be the final season of Supernatural. They are hoping to keep the series going, but will evaluate it, one season at a time.
- Mark Pedowitz is a big believer in keeping casts together and hopes that the network will be able to do just that with the cast of Gossip Girl, even though they have busy film careers.
- After the success of Smallville, the network is looking at possible DC Comics superheroes to develop for series next year.
- They are very receptive to new projects that Tom Welling may be developing, either as the star or producer.
Hit the jump for more of what he had to say.
( Read more...Collapse )