- CBale is filming The 13 Women of Nanjing (original title 13 Flowers of Nanjing) directed by Yimou Zhang in which "Chinese sex workers in 1937 volunteer to replace university students as escorts for invading Japanese soldiers." Zhang has also directed Hero (2002), House of Flying Daggers (2004), and Curse of the Golden Flower (2006).
Translation of the source:[not translated by me]
* Staffs are doing the best to avoid any information leaking. Even the hotel members answer "I don't know" when the reporter asked for information.
* Bale joined the team on 2/2 (Chinese New Year Eve), and met director Zhang on 2/4. He has been working in China for about half month.
* Zhang and Bale work very well. Zhang praises Bale for his profession and performance.
* Bale doesn't use stunt double. He does everything himself.
* Zhang usually does "2 takes" for one scene; Bale always does one more take with his own understanding about the character / story.
* Bale didn't go to Oscar Party for 13 Flowers filming.
* Working pattern: 6 days a week. But Bale worked 7 days a week once. Zhang & staffs appreciate Bale's support.
* Bale communicates with Zhang and other actors very well. Sometimes Bale can "know" what Zhang wants to do without translation.
* Bale also provides his opinions about the character / story. Zhang is very happy to see this. And Zhang feels much more satisfied than when the filming started in the middle of Jan.
* Even Zhang says "cut", Bale keeps doing what the role has to do. He will not stop until Zhang says "Guo" in Chinese.
* Staffs applaud Bale's professional performance / working attitude to end the day. Bale gets lots of respect in the set.
* Payment: 30 million. 13 Flowers staff feel lucky because the deal was made before Golden Globes announcement.
* There is one female assistance with him. Her job is mainly doing the translation.
* Bale wears what the staffs prepare for him.
* Bale didn't stay in the big house where is built for the big stars. He stays with other actors in "Tien Sheng Qiao Hotel" in the highest floor. (RMB 2680 / night) [about $400 USD i think]
pic of the hotel: