January 1, 2006 -- CELEBRITIES always say they hate gossip, but they can dish it with the best of them - particularly when it's aimed at their fellow boldfaces.
Case in point: Boze Hadleigh's "Diss & Tell: Stars Talk About Each Other," a just-out compilation of the best of the low blows thrown by high-profiles at high-profiles. In time for a brand new year of scandal, "Diss and Tell" offers the following gems. Oh, no, they didn't say that!
- Jennifer Lopez on Salma Hayek: "She's a sexy bombshell, and those are the kinds of roles she does. I do all kinds of different things."
- Jack Nicholson on ["Chinatown" co-star] Faye Dunaway: "She demonstrated certifiable proof of insanity."
- Prince on Michael Jackson: "[His] album was only called 'Bad' because there wasn't enough room on the sleeve for 'Pathetic.'"
- Boy George on Prince: "He looks like a dwarf that fell into a vat of pubic hair."
- Jerry Lewis on Jim Carrey: "I am not thrilled by comparisons to [him]."
- Melanie Griffith on Don Johnson: "He seemed like a complex guy. Then he turns out to be a guy with lots of complexes."
- Susan Sarandon on Mel Gibson: "[He] is beautiful, but only on the outside."
- Madonna on Kevin Costner: "[He] has personality-minus."
- Mick Jagger on Madonna: "There's a central dumbness to her."
- Keanu Reeves on Sandra Bullock: "'Speed' was the movie [she] did with me that made her a star. I was already a star, thank you very much."
- Quentin Tarantino on Warren Beatty: "I really like [him], and I'd really like to hang out with [him], but the bottom line is I'm busy."
- Sir Anthony Hopkins on Shirley MacLaine: "The most obnoxious actress I've ever worked with."
- Robert Downey Jr. on Hugh Grant: "[He] has two expressions: confused and trying to crack a joke."
Source: New York Post - Page Six