They've faced down humans time and time again, but Fred Phelps and his minions from the Westboro Baptist Church were not ready for the cosplay action that awaited them today at Comic-Con. After all, who can win against a counter protest that includes robots, magical anime girls, Trekkies, Jedi and...kittens?
Unbeknownst to the dastardly fanatics of the Westboro Baptist Church, the good folks of San Diego's Comic-Con were prepared for their arrival with their own special brand of superhuman counter protesting chanting "WHAT DO WE WANT" "GAY SEX" "WHEN DO WE WANT IT" "NOW!" while brandishing ironic (and some sincere) signs. Simply stated: The eclectic assembly of nerdom's finest stood and delivered.
As you can see below, the fantastic fanboys delivered the the church a humorous dose of sweet fan justice. ComicsAlliance was there to witness the spectacle in full, which you can indulge in yourself after the jump.
EDIT: Here's their phone numbers or something thanks to xlovexlessxtyx
(785) 273-0325 – Fred W. Phelps Sr., cell phone
(785) 272-4135 – Fred Phelps, Jr.
(785) 273-0529 – Benjamin Phelps
(785) 273-0277 & (785) 273-1080 – Shirley Roper
(785) 272-8559 – Charles Hockenbarger
(785) 232-2485 – Fax for Charles Hockenbarger
(785) 233-4162 – Phelps Family Law Office
(785) 233-0766 – Fax for Phelps Family Law Office
(785) 969-9017 – Steve Drain