Burger King announces New Moon meal and swag
Good news for all you grease-loving Twihards out there. Burger King is here to satiate your appetite – both literal and metaphorical. They’re doing a huge “New Moon” promotional tie-in that features all sorts of kids’ meal-esq products – but for adults. That means water bottles, to those of you hoping for a 32 cent Edward Cullen action figure. They’re also doing special New Moon crowns, New Moon-emblazoned gift cards (so you can buy the Meat’Normous omelet sandwich and other non-New Moon items while still looking at New Moon cast members), and six pack of BK Burger Shots that come with collectible cards featuring “stunning imagery from the film.” Stunning.
Here are your options:
• Edward, Jacob, Bella and group-themed BK® Crown Cards (reloadable gift cards)
• New Moon crowns will be available at BURGER KING® restaurants and online at www.bkcrowncard.com starting Nov. 16 through the holiday season.
• Team Edward or Team Jacob Eco-Friendly Water Bottles are available at BK.com.
• BK® Fan Pack Available with a BK Burger Shots 6-pack Value Meal starting Nov. 16 while supplies last. It includes:
• 6-Pack Value Meal
• “New Moon” collectible cards featuring stunning imagery from the film
• Exclusive offers for special “New Moon” merchandise from other “Twilight Saga: New Moon” retail sponsors like Hot Topic®, Torrid®, Toys R Us®, Café Press®, Borders® and MasterCard®.
• Hot Topic: $10 off New Moon Shirt
• Toys R Us: Free bracelet with any Twilight or New Moon Purchase
• Torrid: $10 off A purchase of $30 or more
• Borders: 30% off any one item in store
[From promo email]
Thirty percent off Borders is a pretty good deal, I wonder if it’s only for New Moon stuff? As long as you only have to buy the food – but not eat it – I could definitely go for that. Although I admit, those six little burger shots are super cute. And while I try to place health as my number one priority, it’s rare you find adorable food. I bet I could fit two into my diet plan. And I will absolutely by using my Team Jacob eco-friendly water bottle and wearing my Burger King Twilight crown when I browse for books. Seriously, I joke, but Burger King knows how to get attention and give people what they want. I can’t imagine any brand to jump on board with like Twilight. And it’s smart to appeal to teenagers and adults with your promotions, instead of just kids.
Plus, when you’re wearing your Twilight shirt from Torrid and your free Toys R Us bracelet while eating your six teeny tiny hamburgers, you’re going to look awesome. And that’s reason enough right there.