Only moments after TLC released the news this morning that Kate is moving on with without Jon, In Touch Weekly is reporting that Jon has submitted court papers to suspend his split with Kate for 90 days.
Today, says In Touch, Jon submitted a document to a Pennsylvania court-approved arbitrator asking for the delay. “Even though we were heading for a divorce, it appeared that Kate had been suffering from this divorce as much as I had. That’s why I asked my attorney to put the brakes on this divorce so I could try to regain control over the future of our family. So Kate and I could join on a cooperative course that would benefit our family — not destroy it.”
Jon and Kate were due to be officially divorced by the end of November, but now he says, “I regret my conduct since Kate and I separated [on June 22]. I used poor judgment in publicly socializing with other women so soon.”
Jon's attorney Mark Jay Heller insists that Jon wants the document to be a sort of peace treaty: “He is hoping to inspire his wife to become less rigid, inflexible and controlling and open up. We’re hoping Jon and Kate can sit down together and start exploring what to do about their situation. Once they do that, the rest will fall into place.”