This news totally makes me want to go re-watch old episodes of Beverly Hills, 90210: Shannon Doherty sorta hinted that she may have hooked up with Jason Priestley, who played her on-screen brother. Brenda and Brandon might've been getting in on, folks.
This isn't the only case of faux-incest on television. On Brothers & Sisters, there's a whole storyline about Justin Walker falling for Rebecca, who he thought was his half-sister. The actors, Dave Annable and Emily VanCamp, got into a relationship off-screen. Then -- poof! -- it turned out she wasn't the Walkers' long-lost sibling and they started dating on-screen.
(That plot twist creeped me out, actually. Yeah, so it's not real incest. But one day, you think this girl is your sister. The next day, you start making out with her?)
Anyway, besides Brenda/Brandon and Justin/Rebecca, here are more pairings that happened both on- and off-screen:
- Heroes stars Hayden Panettiere and Milo Ventimiglia are dating. Panettiere plays high schooler Claire, Ventimiglia plays her uncle Peter.
- Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter, who play Dexter and his sister Deborah, are dating.
- Maggie Grace reportedly dated Ian Somerhalder. The two played Shannon and Boone, siblings on Lost, who had a weird incestuous thing happening on screen, too.
- Dr. Who star David Tennant is dating the 23-year-old actress who plays his daughter
- Rumors flew around last year that Marcia and Jan on The Brady Bunch apparently got it on off-screen, and that details would come out in a book by Maureen McCormick. The publisher denied it, though.
- More Brady lovin' -- Barry Williams (Greg) crushed on his TV mom, Florence Henderson. He says they went out on a date; she says it "got blown way out of proportion" but made a good story. Aw, poor Barry.
- Sopranos siblings Jamie Lynn Sigler and Robert Iler were once caught canoodling.
- Emily VanCamp also dated her Everwood brother, Chris Pratt.
If the chemistry is there between takes, can you see it on-screen? Does knowledge that two actors who play relatives are romantically involved make you look at their scenes in a different way? And does it totally gross you out ... or is it kinda hot?
Emily VanCamp has issues maybe? IDK