1. My first job in the fashion world was working as an assistant to a major stylist, whose clients included some of the biggest actresses in Hollywood. On one of my first days, we went to meet an A-lister, who is actually as talented as she is beautiful. Apparently, she's a little crazy, too. We needed to do a fitting for an upcoming red-carpet event, and as soon as we showed up, she just stripped off all her clothes in front of us and was walking around buck naked. Her body was flawless, but right after she put on the first dress, she had a total meltdown and started sobbing about how fat she was. My boss was trying to calm her down, but she wouldn't stop crying and kept muttering about all the blubber on her thighs and stomach. This went on for hours as she tried on dress after dress. It was so awkward! Finally, she found one she liked and pulled herself together. After we left, my boss told me that she does that every time they have a fitting.
2. I used to do hair for a start who was a paparazzi favorite. When she was booking her first appointment with me, there was a lot of back and forth with her people until, finally, she called me herself. She asked to come to my salon on a certain day and insisted she be the only client there. I agreed to do her hair that night, once everyone had gone home. When she came in and sat down, she seemed kind of nervous, which is not like her public persona at all. Then I realized what was wrong. As I started to take her hair extensions out, I realized that the girl is basically bald without her fake mane! She just had these sad little patches of hair on her head. I kept working, but it was like there was an elephant in the room until she finally admitted to being embarrassed. I felt awful for her and promised to make it look the best I could. Of course, she walked out looking gorgeous, and her adoring public (including all the men who lust for her) is none the wiser.
3. I got a job working at a press junket for a new film starring a really famous actress. I was psyched because not only was I a huge fan of her movies, but she always seemed so nice in interviwes. Well, she turned out to be a witch. I was helping her get ready in her hotel room when housekeeping came by to straight up. One of the maids say some water bottles sitting out on the counter, so she put them back in the fridge. Minutes later, the actress saw that the water was in the fridge and lost her mind. She started screaming at the maid for making the water "undrinkable," since it was now chilled to below 70 degrees. She claimed that her body doesn't process cold water and "anyone with half a brain cell would know that!" The poor maid burst into tears.
4. Whenever this former model comes into my nail salon, we all go grumble becuase she's rude, loud, and dirty. Plus, she never tips. One time, I got stuck doing her pedicure and I was shocked at the state of her feet. Her toenails were like the talons of a vulture -- hard, long, and sharp, and few of them were falling off because of some disgusting toe fungus she had. She was talking loudly on her phone the whole time, which wasn't such a horrible thing...except that she was talking about me like I wasn't there. My favorite ziner? "This stupid bitch doing my pedi is an incompetent troll!" But that's not the worst part. I looked up to ask how she'd like her nails cut and realized that she wasn't wearing underwear! She was just sitting in her miniskirt, completely commando. I guess I must have paused for a moment in shock because suddenly she kicked me in the face and yelled at me to stop looking up her skirt. As if it was my choice? Finally, one of my coworkers stepped in to save me. And while she didn't get kicked in the face, she didn't get a tip either.
Tyra Banks (obvs)
5. I was working on a magazine shoot with a new musical artist who had just come ou twith a hit album. Rumor had it that she was pissed they wouldn't fly her makeup team to New York, so she took it out on me. She arrived more than an hour late, wearing all her own makeup, which looked disastrous. Her base was really thick and caked on -- her face was literally flaking in places! At first, she refused to let me do her makeup, saying, "I like what I have on. I think this will work." When I tried to take a closer look, she freaked and was like, "I don't know you! Don't touch me!" Um, okay, psycho. I practically had to beg her to let me do my job. When she finally let me at least touch her up, we only had 20 minutes left, and I had to do it all on top of the nasty foundation she already had on! She was a nightmare, directing me the whole time and slapping my hand away if she didn't like something. In the end, she liked my work and hired me for future shoots. She continued to be a total bitch to work for, but when she canceled on me right before a big awards show, I decided I was done for good.
What do you guys think?
Source: My Eyes, My Cosmo Magazine