∞ (imdesigner) wrote in ohnotheydidnt,

imdesigner
ohnotheydidnt

Harry Potter stars to attend funeral of Rob Knox

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Daniel Radcliffe and other Harry Potter stars will attend the funeral of murdered teenage actor Rob Knox.

Rob, 18, had completed filming as Ravenclaw student Marcus Belby in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince when he was stabbed to death last month.

His uncle John Knox, 57, said yesterday: "We've heard that the Harry Potter stars have asked to come to his funeral.

"It will be a fitting tribute. Rob told us how much he admired them all.
Advertisement

"It was his dream to be an actor and I've no doubt, given the time and the training, he'd have made it to the top. He was a great lad and we're all missing him so much. Our family has been torn apart. We still can't get our heads round the fact that we'll never see him again."

John said Rob's brother Jamie, 17, has pledged to become a full-time actor to honour his adored brother.

Jamie, who attends Rob's old drama academy, has already appeared in the ITV drama Love Lies Bleeding in 2006 and in one episode of A Touch of Frost in 2003.

John, ofWest Malling, Kent, said: "He's told his mum and dad that he's going to dedicate his life to becoming an actor and will use Rob as his inspiration.

"Rob was his hero. Now Jamie is trying to come to terms with his death. It will take time, as it will for all of us.

"Those boys were the best of friends, they did everything together. With Rob gone, there's a massive hole in Jamie's life."

Before landing his Harry Potter role, Rob appeared in The Bill and Trust Me, I'm A Teenager for Channel Four.

He also appeared in the 2007 BBC family sitcom After You've Gone and had signed to appear in the seventh Harry Potter film, after the Half-Blood Prince.

Rob was stabbed to death outside a bar in Sidcup on May 16. Four friends were also injured. One is still in intensive care.

Later, the teenager's father Colin, 55, begged youngsters not to carry blades. He said: "With knives, there are no winners."

He and wife Sally, 50, have not yet been able to set a date for their son's funeral as police still need to keep the body.

Unemployed Karl Bishop, 21, of Sidcup, has been remanded in custody until September 2 accused of murder and wounding.

source
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Comments allowed for members only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 122 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →