The 'Lost' actress admits she could have avoided being poisoned but was "too cheap" to move.
She told US talk show host Jay Leno: "I bought a house last summer and ended up finding out it was completely mould infested.
"I was getting poisoned by the mould and therefore got very ill for four months, but I didn't move, even though I knew there was something wrong because I'm just really cheap.
I bought a house last summer and ended up finding out it was completely mould infested.
"If I have to pay a mortgage and rent, I am not a happy person.
"Eventually my illness overrode my thriftiness so I moved."
The 28-year-old actress, who describes herself as a "miser", also revealed she hates tipping.
there is nothing worse than a person who doesnt tip, especially if you have money imo