A noticeably paler and pigtailed Ariana Grande broke down her most "iconic" music videos* for Allure Magazine, explaining "everything from set design, her hair and makeup, working with Director X and how her husband [realtor Dalton Gomez] helped with the 'Positions' video."
* "Problem," "Break Free," "Love Me Harder," "Side to Side," "no tears left to cry," "God is a woman," "thank u, next," "Positions" and "34+35."
There's a new Amazon doc out about LuLaRoe and it has it all: Fart-leggings. Siblings marrying each other. An irrational resentment of Kelly Clarkson.— Jill Filipovic (@JillFilipovic) September 11, 2021
And it tells us something important about the twin American aspirations of domesticity and wealth.https://t.co/CF0Uz5Yfzq
The story of the Lularoe legging scheme has a lot of stretch - it covers prosperity gospel, Mormonism, white feminism, the primacy of the market sphere, exploited caretakers, and the American Dream™— Meg Conley (@_megconley) September 7, 2021
I am talking with @annehelen about it soon for her newsletter, Culture Study. https://t.co/l6S4Kqdtsf
Remember when all the #bossbabes on FaceBook were trying to get you to buy brightly colored leggings and come to their FaceBook live parties while telling you that joining their downline did not mean it was a pyramid scheme? At the height of their popularity in 2016, LuLaRoe reported almost $2 billion in total sales (thanks in no small part to the $5000 required for each new independent consultant to buy a starter package of clothes to sell). Women who wanted to join were told they could raise the $5000 by selling their breast milk, getting an interest free credit card, or borrowing the money from a relative.
Not at all shockingly, LuLaRoe was unable to sustain their MLM dominance, partly due to the noticeably shoddier fabric and large batches of moldy leggings being sent to their "retailers" (that's LuLaRoe speak for their independent consultants who bought leggings for $15 and resold them to their friends for $25).
Get some popcorn because there is a lot of craziness under the cut!
( Collapse )
Sources: my Amazon account and 1 2 3 4
ONTD, did you ever buy LuLaRoe leggings?
Today in... "No one has posted about them here since July" news,
Shailene Woodley posted a black and white photo of baby feet to her Instagram story. Stans went wild, wondering if she secretly had a baby or was hinting at one on the way.
Meanwhile, the football season is here, and Aaron Rodgers is thrilled to be away from his fiancee so they can both "focus on their work" and have their own routines.
The couple was last publicly spotted together in May with ONTD Fave™ Miles Teller and his wife, Keleigh Sperry.
ONTD, do you make cryptic social media posts?
Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings continues it reign at the top of the box office. The film scored an excellent $35.8 million, a 53% drop from its opening. Those hoping it wouldn't fall as badly as Black Widow should be breathing a sigh of relief.
Free Guy came in 2nd with $5.82 million, officially passing the $100 million mark.
New horror Malignant debuted in 3rd with $5.57 million. The films poor showing continued on Cinemascore, landing a C. Candyman followed in 4th with $4.93 million, with Jungle Cruise rounding out the Top 5 with $2.44 million.
Oscar Issac's The Card Counter debuted in 580 theaters to $1.1 million.
Coming next weekend: The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Cry Macho, and Blue Bayou.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
sorry mods, I’ll be live updating the post as well + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9
Ming Na Wen
Your Favourite Look ?
( Collapse )
Sources 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Lana Del Rey announces she is deactivating all her socials tomorrow.— Pop Base (@PopBase) September 12, 2021
“I have so many other interests and other jobs that I’m doing that require privacy and transparency… For right now I think I’m going to keep my circle a little bit closer.” pic.twitter.com/5EqkpLFMlh
Lana said that she plans on deactivating all of her social media accounts after this weekend. She said that thing she is doing at the moment "require privacy and transparency”.
"Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know that tomorrow we are going to be deactivating our social media accounts, my social media accounts,”
“That is simply because I have so many interests, and other jobs I’m doing that require privacy and transparency.”
Her new album 'Blue Banisters' is set to be released on October 22.
Bailey, 23, just dropped her debut single “Have Mercy.”
The video has been met with some criticism among
fans have questioned her outfit choices and her decision to show “so much skin.”
Others criticised the artist, “Have mercy is just another of a looooong list of example of Black women in pop music today being hypersexualized; from their clothes, to the lyrics, to the choreography,”
"Because I can. It’s my body, and I’m so proud of it, and I hope you’re proud of yours too. Men can glorify ass in their videos, I want to do it with this in a really artful, fun, beautiful way. And I think it’s so great how women can claim ownership of their bodies and not let the world do it. We get to do it in the way that we want to, and it was really fun! I felt really pretty on the shoot days, and I look back, and I’m like, ‘that’s not the same person right here,’ but it was fun in the moment.”
🚨Britney Spears and Sam Asghari are engaged! pic.twitter.com/V8YLidNqjx— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) September 12, 2021
The princess of pop has just posted a video on Instagram with an engagement ring and the caption "I can’t fucking believe it 💍💍💍💍💍💍❣️!!!!!!"
She has been with Sam Asghari since 2016.
Congrats to them!
Source: Twitter, Instagram
Rosé is in NYC to attend this year's MET Gala (allegedly).
- Seen yesterday at JFK. but there wasn't evidence until today.
- Tried to throw people off by posting pictures taken in South Korea after the sightings surfaced.
LALISA Content under the cut:( Collapse )
I'm sorry, mods. I think the cut is fixed now.
I hope YSL gives her something interesting to wear.
Another murder durder show, this time starring Jeff Daniels and Maura Tierney. The first episode is available for free on Showtime's YouTube channel. Who's watching?
- Break out those CHA
NEL earrings We get to see the shahrrest! What a start to a premiere
- OP won't be doing a recap because she's already doing Potomac recaps and that's too much.
- OP will also probably need an updated training of telling Lisa and Meredith apart
- Oooooh will the feds get a blurred talking head?
Actually just avoiding the 7/11 because their PSLs aren't that great
These Shahbominable Taglines
- the kids are fighting again. Poor, Askale!
- Also Peanut Butter Foundation Princess, you were fucking body shaming. See during this whole time I forgot they were gathering for Robyn's birthday, like damn, she really don't get a lot of moments
- Konniving Kurn is filming her Surry County Tourism video in Potomac and she bullshitted again
- "Not Surry County", FARMER JOE'S (not to be confused with Trader Joe's, that's his cuz though) AND THE ORGANIC HAM
- Yes, another week of Blu Cantrell 1's daughters roasting her - those kids are the best. But you can tell she's a good mom.
( Collapse )
If you haven’t been following,
Schafer writes poetry and prose under the pseudonym January Black while working as a copywriter under his own name. He publishes several newsletters including Sticky Notes, his newsletter for prospective copywriters.
In this week’s Sticky Notes, aspiring edgelord Schafer dares to ask what we can learn about productivity and time management from the ”high performing” dictator who managed to invade, capture and ethnically cleanse large sections of Europe within a few years, overseeing the murder of millions of people with a finely-tuned military strategy.
( Collapse )
ONTD: Have you ever premised your career on the behaviour of a genocidal dictator?
Source This week’s Sticky notes, my eyeballs
The Creative Arts Emmys took place this weekend. Here are a highlight of winners:
- Guest Acting categories went to: Claire Foy (The Crown), Courtney B Vance (Lovecraft Country), Maya Rudolph and Dave Chapelle (SNL).
- Maya also took home Character Voice-Over for Big Mouth. This is the second year in a row she has won both categories.
- Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal was named Outstanding Animated Program.
- Pop Bop "Agatha All Along" won Original Music and Lyrics. Kristen Anderson Lopez is a Tony away from joining husband Robert as an EGOT'er.
- Dolly Parton's Christmas on the Square won TV Movie.
- Boys State took home Best Documentary.
- Sterling K Brown won for narrating Lincoln: Divided We Stand, beating out narrating legend Sir David Attenbourough.
- The Queen's Gambit reigned, taking home 9 awards in Casting, Original Score, Cinematography, Period Costumes, Non-Prosthetic Period Makeup, Production Design, Editing, Sound Editing, and Sound Mixing.
Machine Gun Kelly and Conor McGregor just went at it at the VMA’s. pic.twitter.com/jKVnWO2nzv— MMA History Today (@MMAHistoryToday) September 13, 2021
-McGregor apparently hurled his drink at Machine Gun Kelly during an argument.
-Apparently it happened after Machine Gun Kelly refused to take a photo with McGregor???!?!?!?
-Witnesses say the two had to be pulled apart.
-Professional Gossip, Troye Sivan, dished details to Variety (below the cut lmao).
( Collapse )
Source: https://twitter.com/MMAHistoryToday/status/1437221195674529795?s=20 /
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1437234808120229894?s=20 / https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1437234260797132802?s=20 / https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1437240241169911810?s=20