Comedian Bill Maher has tested positive for the coronavirus. His show put out this statement: “Bill tested positive during weekly staff PCR testing for COVID. He is fully vaccinated and as a result is asymptomatic and feels fine… No other staff or crew members have tested positive at this time. The show will be rescheduled at a later date.”
Buckle up, friends. I know we are all still processing the one-two punch of Kat Dennings getting engaged to Andrew WK and that terrible Mulaney news we don't need to dwell anymore on but there's more! In an AV Club article about how noted dumbass and alleged abuser/racist Joss Whedon is suing the state of New York for reasons we'll get in to momentarily, it was revealed he recently got married to Canadian artist Heather Horton who's work is significantly better than her taste in men.
Why is Whedon suing the state of New York? Well, it seems he has been commiting some low key identify fraud over the last few decades by using the name Joss on legal documents instead of his legal birth name Joseph. By using Joss on his wedding certificate, his Canadian wife cannot get her green card.
To make matters worse, he also filled out his place of birth as "Santa Monica, New York", a town that doesn't exist. Good luck with your lawsuit, Joe!!
As part of her collaboration with Pokémon’s 25th anniversary, Katy Perry premieres the music video for the promo single. In the video she’s seen accompanied by her female Pikachu, in order to inspire a young Kate Hudson and her Pichu to pursue their dreams.
The Bring It On franchise is getting a surprising seventh installment: a SyFy horror movie that's set to be released next year. Dana Schwartz co-wrote the script with Rebekah McKendry.
Synopsis: Held down by restrictive rules, an embattled cheerleading squad seeks the freedom of a creepy, closed school gym to practice for regionals, but when members of the squad start to disappear, the cheerleaders must unmask their assailant to save themselves.
At the Brit Awards this week, Rina (flashing her new braces while in a stunning archive Balmain haute couture gown) was asked about the long-rumoured collaboration on Gaga's Chromatica Remix album. She confirmed: "The wish is on the internet, and I've done my bit, let's just say that. So, it's in the works."
She is probably on "Free Woman", while Charli XCX confirmed she will be on the remix of "911"
Charli then teased a collaboration between herself and Rina on Twitter
Walmart and Target are suspending the sales of Pokemon and sports cards due to safety concerns for their staff. The re-sale value of the cards have skyrocketed during the recent pandemic and have resulted in chaos and threats to staff. The decision comes after a recent news story in which a man pulled a gun on four people who tried to steal his trading cards outside the store.
Target is no longer selling Pokémon cards in stores “to ensure the safety of our guests and team members.” pic.twitter.com/lpV0pyw8oA
Featuring new music by Au/Ra, Bella Poarch, The Black Keys, Daya, Ellise, J. Cole, Jorja Smith, LAUREL, Lele Pons, Liz Phair, LSDXOXO, Margo Price, OH MY GIRL, Rozzi, SHAED, St. Vincent, T-Pain feat. Kehlani, Thalía, Tones and I and WJSN THE BLACK
- Castlevania released it's final series yesterday on Netflix - Armitage plays Trevor Belmont the last descendant of the Belmont family - Castlevania has run for 4 series - It is based on the retro video game series of the same name
A Victoria woman has filed a civil lawsuit against Vancouver Canucks forward Jake Virtanen, accusing him of sexually assaulting her in a West Vancouver hotel room in September 2017. https://t.co/6jvX1OMwce
- Two weeks ago a woman (who is remaining anonymous for her own protection) spoke to a Vancouver media outlet and shared that in 2017 [trigger warning]she was raped in a hotel room by Vancouver Canucks player Jake Virtanen. While her age isn't given in the court documents she is described as being a "youth" at the time. - The same day the story broke the Canucks put Virtanen on leave and released a statement saying that they were against all forms of sexual misconduct and were bringing in an outside organization to investigate. - Yesterday it was announced that Virtanen had been named in a civil lawsuit. - The woman has said that since 2017 she has been experiencing PTSD, depression, anxiety, nightmares, and insomnia. - Virtanen has not commented on the situation.
Joshua Bassett covered Zac Efron’s “Bet On It” from High School Musical 2 in the season 2 premiere of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.
“It was so iconic. I was like, ‘I can’t believe they’re letting me do this. This is amazing.’ Literally, I watched the YouTube video of Zac Efron doing it like 30 times,” Joshua told HollywoodLife.
Joshua went on to explain how he prepared for the big number on the show. “They were like, you’re going to sing it live. So I was like, okay, you want me to run around the entire room, roll over the bed, dunk a basketball, and also sing live? Got it. So I was literally — for like the 2-3 weeks before — I ran every night on the treadmill. I did at least 3 passes of the song where I would sing it on the treadmill. When we shot it, it was a good time.”
Which next HSM bop will they ruin, I Don’t Dance?! (If they haven’t already).
Update regarding John Barrowman's pre-recorded appearance in Doctor Who: Time Fracture - as per the FAQ on the official website. Casts doubt on the upcoming graphic novel tie-in getting a release. https://t.co/4RaufBEzqdpic.twitter.com/xApyJB2mp8
- John Barromwan has been cut from the upcoming 'Doctor Who: Time Fracture', their newest immersive theatre experience. - A few weeks ago it was announced that John Barrowman and David Bradley will reprise their roles as Captain Jack and the First Doctor, but now Barrowman has been removed from the project (which had already filmed their roles). It will still somehow include Torchwood. - Barrowman 'allegedly' (who are we kidding, he did it) pulled out his dick and flashed cast members while filming Doctor Who and Torchwood, and even managed to put his dick on Eve Myles (Gwen) shoulders.
- Carly (Miranda Cosgrove) decides to do iCarly again in the Pilot episode.
- Carly (Cosgrove) and Spencer's (Jerry Trainor) loft is redecorated and a lot more "fancier" after Spencer has found success in his art career. Both Cosgrove and Trainor worked with the set designer to help with the new design.
- After another divorce, Freddie (Nathan Kress) moves back in with his mom (Mary Sheer) and his adopted stepdaughter Millicent (Jaidyn Tripplett).
- They describe Carly is "in-between" where Freddie and Spencer are in their lives since iCarly last aired in 2012. She had gone to college, found success, and lives with her best friend Harper (Laci Mosley).
- Some familiar characters such as Neville Papperman and Nora Derschlitt are to appear in the revival.
- Miranda Cosgrove mentioned that along with the showrunner Ali Schouten, they intend to make the show for the fans of the original series but for an older audience now that their fans are in their 20's. Source
What iCarly character would you want to see in the revival? Or what's your favorite iCarly episode?
BLACKPINK have been revealed as the stars of Vogue Korea's June 2021 issue, with five different covers for fans to collect! The foursome posed together for the main cover, and individually, for frequent photographer Kim Hee June.
Jaden Smith is opening a restaurant that will give free meals to homeless people. His goal was to provide “healthy, vegan food for free” to those in need in Los Angeles’ Skid Row area. Jaden want those who can afford to pay for their meal to spend a little more as a means of paying it forward to the next person in need.
“But if you’re not homeless, not only do you have to pay, but you have to pay for more than the food’s worth so that you can pay for the person behind you,”
Little Mix singer and other Black female stars are discussing racism in the music industry. She addresses colourism, where darker skinned people face more discrimination and prejudice.
In one scene, Pinnock tackles Gray about an old message in which he said Black women wearing red lipstick look like [offensive tweet]“burnt toast with jam on it”
The singer said she “felt a bit sick” after seeing the tweet. “I was really upset because I was just like, 'Who is this person? This is horrible.' That wasn’t the person that I knew. When they surfaced, my heart sank. Because I was like, 'That is not the person that I met. It sounds like a child, like a silly child'. We could have a child and it could come out darker than us.”
Her fiance, footballer Andre Gray said there was “no excuse” for the message, which was from 2012. "There's no excuse at all, when it all came out and stuff, like obviously I was embarrassed, ashamed, disappointed… but at the same time I had to be a man about it. I've made that mistake and I've learnt, and I've educated myself and grew up to understand how offensive and how wrong it was what I did. There was never any malice, but again, no excuse."
Anne Boleyn focuses on the final months of her life, and re-imagines her battle with Tudor England's patriarchal society, her relationship with her daughter Elizabeth and a struggle to build her future, and of course, her notorious failure to provide Henry with a male heir that he wants more than anything. Anne Boleyn is set to air on Channel 5 later in 2021.
Peacock’s upcoming Dr. Death TV series is based on the podcast of the same name with Joshua Jackson playing Dr. Christopher Duntsch, or Dr. Death. Duntsch was a rising neurosurgeon in the Dallas medical community until others in the hospital began noticing that patients coming in for routine spinal surgeries under his care were leaving permanently maimed or dead.
The series also stars Alec Baldwin, Christian Slater, Grace Gummer, AnnaSophia Robb and Hubert Point-Du Jour.
Dr. Death will premiere on Peacock later this year.
In an AMA with Twitter, the executive producer of the new Gossip Girl (Joshua Safran) said there will be "No slut shaming. No catfights" in response to a question.
He also said the new GG will be "sex positive."
No slut shaming. No catfights. Those are not things I believe need to be in this show for it to be fun. Or any show? GG2 is sex positive and our characters use their brains, not their brawn, to take you out!
Nina Dobrev is all about enjoying life to its fullest. And she’s brought that philosophy to her new collection of wines, Fresh Vine Wine, a venture with friend and co-owner, Julianne Hough. In this episode of #FoodDiaries, the actor and 'Vampire Diaries' alum breaks down her favorite gluten-free eats, cooking from the “Cravings” cookbook, and why she’s cutting fish out of her diet.