: I'm American
- BUT this is the biggest sport in the world and with the now dissolved Super League (we hardly knew ye), fans vs football teams is probably more fractured than ever
- due to the pandemic, no spectators are allowed but fans managed to get on the Old Trafford field
- the Manchester United owners, the Glazer family, have come under intense scrutiny lately and them joining the The Artist Formerly Known As the Super League didn't help matters at all.
- From something brief OP can gather, in 2012, the Glazers sold shares of the team on the New York Stock Exchange because having fans hold part ownership of the team seen as bridging a gap between them and the teams they love and would allow them to have a say in some business matters
- both teams play in the Premier League and so far, there's no reschedule date or time for the match SourceI know we've got a big football base here, so I figured it's best to make a post so people could discuss.