JoJo recently released yet another music video/visual off her third album, good to know. This time she delivered CGI visuals for the wistful break-up acoustic, in a video that was filmed back when "Small Things" was meant to be the album's lead single instead of "Man."
"Here’s a piece of art that we made to express how painful it can be to hold in your feelings," she tweeted. "To act like you’re okay, when- in all honesty- you’re not. I wanted the video to feel like catharsis."
A private collector from Valencia entrusted the restoration of a replica from beginnings of the 20th century of the immaculate virgin of El Escorial (the original is in Madrid in museo del Prado) to a furniture artisan, with questionable results that have been compared to the Ecce homo.
Upon seeing the restored piece, the collector was shocked since the piece has lost the economical and sentimental value it had (it has belonged to his family for many years). The collector has now contacted professional restorers to try to asses the damage. The national restorers association has lamented that the piece was disfigured and the loss of cultural heritage, but implore private owners to seek professional assistance before turning to any other person.
Winona Ryder says Keanu Reeves refused director’s request to hurl abuse at her until she cried on Dracula set https://t.co/yrefWddDtP— The Independent (@Independent) June 22, 2020
Winona Ryder has revealed to The Sunday Times that Keanu Reeves refused Francis Ford Coppola's request to verbally abuse her until she cried on the set of Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Ryder said that during filming of a scene, Coppola stood off camera repeatedly shouting “You whore!” in order to get her to believably cry. Coppola also attempted to get the film’s male cast to join in.
“To put it in context I’m supposed to be crying. Literally, Richard E Grant, Anthony Hopkins, Keanu...Francis was trying to get all of them to yell things that would make me cry. But Keanu wouldn’t, Anthony wouldn’t...It just didn’t work. I was, like, really? It kind of did the opposite.”
Ryder said that she and Coppola are “good now”, but that the experience sparked a long-time friendship with Reeves.
Kurt Cobain's MTV Unplugged guitar sells for $6m at auction https://t.co/NBdTTlKvdo— BBC News (World) (@BBCWorld) June 21, 2020
The retro acoustic-electric 1959 Martin D-18E played by Kurt Cobain during Nirvana's famous acoustic unplugged session is officially the world's most expensive guitar ever sold at auction for $6 million. It has surpassed Pink Floyd's David Gilmour's Fender Strat. This is the same guitar that daughter Frances Bean Cobain fought for and ultimately lost in her divorce to ex-husband Isaiah Silva. Her ex selling this comes to no surprise to anyone here on ONTD except that it took him this long to sell it - 2 years. For a quick refresher on her divorce and Frances' trash ex husband, check out this post
The guitar was purchased by Rode Microphones founder Peter Freedman. He will be taking the guitar on a worldwide tour with all proceeds going towards musical arts programs. OP hopes Freedman does the right thing after the tour and gifts it back to Frances Bean.
The singer celebrated her iconic pop anthem jubilee by uploading to her social media, a couple of videos depicting her dancing on her own to the famous choreography of the music video.
Originally released on June 2010, the song went on to become a hit and be ranked as one of the best pop songs ever; the accompanying music video directed by Max Vitali, sees Robyn walking around alone in a club, and cutscenes of her performing an energetic choreography.
Sources 1 2
For Tuesday, June 23, 2020:
After Jeremy Scheck, a TikTok star with almost a million followers who studies Italian at Cornell and teaches the authentic way of Italian recipes through his videos, showed the recipe, it went viral since the one thing that shocked people about fettuccine Alfredo recipe is that it requires no milk or heavy cream, and people realizing they have done it wrong the whole time.
Fettuccine Alfredo was created in a restaurant called Alfredo alla Scrofa in Italy, over a century ago by Alfredo di Lelio, and it calls for only three ingredients in the sauce: unsalted butter, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and pasta water.
Jeremy explained how Americans mess the recipe since it does not require cream at all.
As for the recipe, once the pasta is cooked and drained, it has to be transferred to a cold pan. Then mix in the ingredients together for two minutes, nonstop. When all ingredients come together they look like actual cream without using heavy cream, this process is called “mantecatura” which turns them into a creamy and rich sauce.
The sauce should be thick and creamy, and the saltiness from the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese should complement to the smooth texture of the sauce. It also shouldn’t feel heavy like the feeling when eating a ton of dairy.
Do you cook the authentic way?
Britney Spears took to her favourite social media platform to give a special shoutout for Pride. The video also includes telling off her bf for interrupting her.
Britney said “To all my friends at the LGBTQ community happy Pride Month! You guys bring so much heart, passion, and articulate everything you do. Because of you, I’ve had the best nights of my life. I love you so much it hurts. Happy Pride!"
( Collapse )
Source 1: https://www.instagram.com/p/CByybLsA64n/
Source 2: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBwg1LugGKK/
Source 3: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBd8gwHgVXl/
KEANU Reeves has arrived with girlfriend Alexandra Grant in Berlin to resume filming Matrix 4 after production was shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Dennis Quaid and his fiancee, Laura Savoie, secretly tied the knot! 👰✨ All the details on their wedding: https://t.co/yU9EU3zphf— Us Weekly (@usweekly) June 24, 2020
Only the couple’s pastor attended the low-key ceremony.
They exchanged traditional vows and Bulgari rings.
The groom wore a Hugo Boss suit, and the bride wore a Chosen by One Day gown.
Winona Ryder Stands By Claims Mel Gibson Made Anti-Semitic, Homophobic Comments https://t.co/1pu3HtID94— Variety (@Variety) June 23, 2020
“I believe in redemption and forgiveness and hope that Mr. Gibson has found a healthy way to deal with his demons, but I am not one of them. Around 1996, my friend Kevyn Aucoin and I were on the receiving end of his hateful words. It is a painful and vivid memory for me. Only by accepting responsibility for our behavior in this life, can we make amends and truly respect each other, and I wish him well on this lifelong journey.”
"He’s not very nice to women… so, f**k you!” ~ Charlize Theron https://t.co/77YItMnLjn— ET Canada (@ETCanada) June 24, 2020
Charlize Theron isn’t holding back her thoughts on Steven Seagal.
She slammed the action movie star, 68, explaining that she has “no problem talking shit about” him.
“At night I’ll go online to watch fighters or watch people fight and you always come across that odd Seagal video of him ‘fighting’ in Japan, but he really isn’t. He’s just incredibly overweight and pushing people. He’s overweight and can barely fight… look it up, it’s ridiculous. He’s shoving people by the face, it’s a whole setup.”
It is “because he’s not very nice to women… so, fuck you!”
- HBO Max reunited Matt Smith, David Tennant & Jodie Whitaker to talk about Doctor Who history.
- They talk about favorite quotes, things people shout at them. A lot of people yells them 'You're not my favorite doctor, but i like you'. lol.
- Matt Smith misses the Christmas Specials.
- David Tennant has a TARDIS in his house, Matt Smith has a few Cybermen and Jodie Whittaker has funkos of her.
- All of them have favorite episodes: Matt's is 'The Eleventh Hour', Jodie's is 'The Woman Who Fell to Earth' and David can't choose.
- When it comes to companions they wanna work again... Jodie chose Rory (Arthur Darvill), Matt chose Rose (Billie Piper) and David Tennant chose the Brigadier.
- When it comes to returning characters Jodie wants to see Grace again, David wants to see the 1st doctor and Matt Smith wants Adelaide (from The Waters of Mars).
I see HBO Max promoting 'Doctor Who' a LOT. I like it.
ONTD, let's remember the good times!!! Favorite Episode / Favorite Companion / Favorite character you want back?
Terry Crews talked about the Black Lives Matter movement, how before he was famous police once pulled a gun on him because they thought he was someone else, and his concerns for his children’s safety.
On the future of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, “We’ve had a lot of somber talks about it and deep conversations and we hope through this we’re going to make something that will be truly groundbreaking this year. We have an opportunity and we plan to use it in the best way possible. Our show-runner Dan Goor, they had four episodes all ready to go and they just threw them in the trash. We have to start over. Right now we don’t know which direction it’s going to go in.”
No plot details are known at the moment but Top Gun: Maverick director Joseph Kosinski is in negotiations to direct a reboot of the 1996 movie starring Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton.
Michael Scott role was originally offered to Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Paul Giamatti.
Both actors declined the role.
Actors who at least made it to the “consideration stage,”: “
David Arquette, Jason Lee, Dave Foley, Dan Castellaneta, Thomas Lennon, Horatio Sanz, Ben Falcone, Owen Wilson, David Koechner, Hank Azaria, Rick Moranis, Kevin Nealon, Dan Aykroyd, Jon Favreau, Eugene Levy, Christopher Guest, Jason Segal, Andy Richter, Jeff Garlin, Cedric the Entertainer, Richard Kind, Matthew Broderick, William H. Macy, Paul F. Tompkins, Stanley Tucci, Steve Buscemi, Gary Cole, Stephen Colbert, and John C. Reilly.”
The role for Michael Scott eventually boiled down to two candidates: Steve Carell and Bob Odenkirk.
Carell’s favor was that he played Michael Scott as more of “a jerk and a douche,”
Odenkirk “was a little tougher and meaner” and played the character as “an asshole.”
It just skewed darker than what the show needed.
ONTD, who else could have been a great 'Michael Scott' ?
Only very few Belgian artists manage to make their international breakthrough like Stromae did, and most don’t reach further than neighbouring country France. Above all, it is an industry crowded by singer songwriters and male rappers, both categories being predominantly white. The Belgian music industry is small, with independent artists not finding fame past their own province as the divide between Flanders and Walloons remains ever so clear, though one could argue the locality makes the scene that much more interesting.
Inspired by this post on Norwegian artists, I'm here to introduce you to some women of color in Belgium’s humble scene that you should definitely look out for!
Lous and The Yakuza
Lous is the daughter of a Congolese father and a Rwandan mother, and, funnily enough, has found more fame in France than in Belgium. Despite a tough upbringing, Lous has made her mark in the industry as one of the biggest up and coming creatives. Her album “Gore” is set to be released in fall 2020, so make sure to follow her on Spotify and keep an eye out!
( Collapse )
Breaking: Disneyland’s reopening will be delayed beyond July 17, Walt Disney Co. announced Wednesday https://t.co/uOlhUcyJuP— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) June 25, 2020
After much outcry from unions and rational people alike, and a rash of new cases in CA, Disneyland has decided to postponed its planned July 17th reopening.
There is no new date specified.
Nintendo is stepping back from mobile phone gaming:— Ryan Brown 🎮 (@Toadsanime) June 22, 2020
- Disappointed with results from their mobile games
- Reportedly feared mobile monetisation practices damaged their brands
- AC:NH success has made them reconsider growth ability on their own platformshttps://t.co/HEiw2omhOJ pic.twitter.com/JWcAwRaIuf
- They've been underwhelmed by returns.
- Fears brand damage from the damn micro transations.
- Probably helped by Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold 13.41million copies in 6 weeks because of The Rona.
- The last mobile Nintendo game released was Mario Kart Tour
“Why did it happen? Because that man probably came sick, who knows from where,” #SrdjanDjokovic told #RTL #Croatia TV.#Tennis #NovakDjokovic #GrigorDimitrov #AdriaTour @atptour #Coronavirus #COVID19https://t.co/qDfeByqMka— Outlook Magazine (@Outlookindia) June 24, 2020
Novak Djokovic's parents defended their son and blamed another tennis player for spreading the coronavirus at a series of exhibition matches hosted by the top-ranked player.
Djokovic's father blamed the cancellation of the tour on Grigor Dimitrov :
“Why did it happen? Because that man probably came sick, who knows from where. He didn't test here, he tested somewhere else ... I think that's not fair. He inflicted damage to both Croatia and to us as a family in Serbia. Nobody is feeling well because of this situation.”
Djokovic's mother said both her son and his wife Jelena are suffering because of the widespread criticism.
“It is horrible what is being written, but we are used to it,”
Elite Manhattan drag queens Vida Boheme (Patrick Swayze) and Noxeema Jackson (Wesley Snipes) impress regional judges in competition, securing berths in the Nationals in Los Angeles. When the two meet pathetic drag novice Chi-Chi Rodriguez (John Leguizamo) -- one of the losers that evening -- the charmed Vida and Noxeema agree to take the hopeless youngster under their joined wing. Soon the three set off on a madcap road trip across America and struggle to make it to Los Angeles in time.
( Collapse )
What have you been watching this week, ONTD? Will you be joining us this weekend?
It's like the whole country. https://t.co/vhJl5JBR62— June Casagrande (@JuneCasagrande) June 22, 2020
4th of July is right around the corner and before and even after, we’ll be hearing fireworks for quite a while from annoying and inconsiderate neighbors. Sarah Silverman has had enough and called out those traumatizing her poor pup. “To the people shooting firecrackers and fireworks every night: I really really hate you for what you are doing to my dog,” she writes. “Hate is a strong word but I do. Sorry.”
Are fireworks scaring your pets and keeping you up at night?
[TW: Inside Edition segment features a clip of an assault on a homeless man with fireworks :(]
Sources: 1 | 2
A few weeks ago, the YouTube couple James and Myka Stauffer "rehomed" their five-year-old son whom they had adopted from China. They adopted the child when he was 2, against the advice of several doctors and adoption experts.
Well, James has started posting YouTube videos again to his car channel. And Myka wrote an Instagram post to let you know that she is super, super sorry about the whole thing.
Waiting for the Barbarians stars Johnny Depp, Robert Pattinson, Mark Rylance, Gana Bayarsaikhan, and Greta Scacchi. This will be director Ciro Guerra first English-language film.
The Magistrate (Rylance) of an isolated frontier settlement on the border of an unnamed empire looks forward to an easy retirement until the arrival of Colonel Joll (Depp), whose task it is to report on the activities of the ‘barbarians’ and on the security situation on the border. Joll conducts a series of ruthless interrogations, which leads the Magistrate to question his loyalty to the empire.
Waiting for the Barbarians is adapted from of J.M. Coetzee‘s acclaimed 1980 novel of the same name and will be released on August 7, 2020.
George R.R. Martin Aims to Release ‘Winds of Winter’ in 2021 https://t.co/HF2EpPQK1q— Variety (@Variety) June 24, 2020
- Blah blah blah, even though he's writing a lot due to being in isolation due to covid-19 the book isn't close to being done so he's missing his latest "July" deadline
- Hopes it'll be done by next year (lol)
- Reading a lot and says he admires Stephen King and Emily St John Mandel
- For those keeping track in 2011 he estimated the book would take three years to write (oops). In the intervening decade the Game of Thrones HBO series started and ended and he missed several deadlines despite constantly telling readers that the book would be ready "soon"
ONTD do you know how to finish things?
Last whatever ago, Kim Kardashian posted some attention trap on Instagram. But Jameela Jamil did not care enough to respond! So she decided to let her fans know about this.
Do you pay attention to celebrities, ONTD?
Days of Our Lives actress Melissa Reeves is catching heat from her co-stars and the long-running soap’s fans for coming out against the Black Lives Matter movement.
Earlier this week it was revealed that Reeves — who has played Jennifer Horton on the NBC sudser on and off for the past three decades — “liked” several anti-BLM posts from right-wing activist Candace Owens on Instagram.
I’m absolutely disgusted and sick right now and I am no longer in any denial about how @missyreeves4 feels. Take a look at a couple of disgusting and racist Instagram posts she liked. @carlivatiron @greg_meng @billymflynn @linseygodfrey @PaulTelfer #Days pic.twitter.com/KbnrnLYDY2— The Pool is CLOSED (@mgmendacious) June 23, 2020
( Collapse )
white people and self-hating black people just LOVE them some candace owens i swear. anytime a black person practices anti-blackness they use it as a weapon to say "SEE she's black and hates you too! shouldn't you go on and hate yourself now? go on. get.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Sign with Speaking Agency in Next Big Move Post-Royal Life https://t.co/S1kzZCoL7F— People (@people) June 24, 2020
People Magazine reveals that Harry and Meghan have signed with the New York-based Harry Walker Agency for speaking engagements.
They will engage in keynote speeches with trade associations, corporations and community forums.
In February, Harry gave a speech at a private JPMorgan event in Miami where he spoke about the importance of mental health and his experience with losing his mother, Princess Diana.
Would you pay to hear Meghan and Harry speak, ONTD?
“The idea that a show like ours would indirectly, unwittingly be a haven for people who are abusive is disturbing. It’s very disturbing,” says Badgley.https://t.co/0HrUBlGPKg— LAT Entertainment (@latimesent) June 24, 2020
In an interview for an upcoming episode of The Times’ TV podcast, “Can’t Stop Watching,” Penn Badgley addressed the allegations of sexual misconduct against his You costar Chris D’Elia. D'Elia has been accused of sexual harassment by multiple women, including several who were underage at the time.
Penn said in part: "The idea that a show like ours would indirectly, unwittingly be a haven for people who are abusive is disturbing. It’s very disturbing." (D’Elia played a beloved comedian who drugged and assaulted young women in season two)
He continued, "What is really important is to recognize the practices, the regulations, the laws that underwrite every one of these systems that act as a haven for the individuals that take advantage, namely white men."
Penn added that after the allegations against D’Elia emerged, producers of “You” reached out to actress Jenna Ortega, who shared screen time with D’Elia “to make sure she felt safe. We can feel safe and sound there."
D’Elia has since been dropped by both his agent and manager.
Ciro Guerra, Colombian filmmaker and darling of the Latinamerican film industry, director of BIRDS OF PASSAGE, EMBRACE OF THE SERPENT and the upcoming WAITING FOR THE BARBARIANS, has been accused of sexual harassment and abuse by 8 women (note in Spanish) https://t.co/GyuB2dntlc— 🌺ralia T. 💀📽️💚 (@oraleia) June 24, 2020
- Volcánicas, a feminist periodical, has released an in depth piece on Ciro Guerra based on interviews they did with 8 women around the world accusing him of using his prestigious career to sexually harass and abuse women who worked in the film industry
- The women have contemporaneous text messages and in one case audio recordings of the harassment (Volcánicas did not release the audio)
- Guerra is a Colombian filmmaker whose films have played at Cannes and who was nominated for an Oscar for his 2015 film Embrace of the Serpent
- Volcánicas reached out to Guerra who denied the claims and said that "people" had reached out to him and told him that false sexual abuse claims against him were coming
- Case #1 someone who worked in film met him at a festival in NYC. They shared an Uber home after an after-party and he started forcefully kissing and groping her while getting increasingly violent. The Uber driver helped her out by telling Guerra they had arrived at his "hotel" which was actually the middle of nowhere.
- Case #2 a Colombian actress met him during a film festival in Mexico City. A group of Colombians went to a salsa bar a few days later and he was there and commenced forcefully kissing and groping her and trying her to get her back to his hotel. After she declined he told her all about how he worked with Johnny Depp and tried to kiss and grope her again
- Case #3 a Colombian director knew Guerra professionally and felt uncomfortable around him but agreed to go to his apartment to look at some of his work. After showing her his awards Guerra forcibly touched her, sexually assaulted her and hit her when she resisted. She was able to record parts of this on her phone and send these messages to her boyfriend who came and helped her leave
- Case #4 Someone whose film was on the festival circuit at the same time as Embrace of the Serpent knew Guerra. After hanging out together one night he said he would see her home and then forcibly kissed her and shoved his hands up her shirt and down her pants. In 2018 they met again and she confronted him and while he admitted to forcibly kissing her he denied everything else and then said if he acted inappropriately it was because he had just seperated from his wife and didn't know how to be around women. She forgave him and thought it was a one off but later learned that there were other women he had forcibly groped and kissed.
- Case #5 An actress was groped by him at a party. Later on he asked her to tell him about all the directors she had sex with and after she repeatedly told him she had never slept with any of her directors he kept insisting he didn't believe her.
- Case #6 A costume designer said that in 2013 during a festival he followed her when she went to the bathroom and tried to forcibly kiss her. After she rebuffed him he told her not to tell anyone what happened but she immediately told a friend (who corroborated her story)
- Case #7 A former student of his said after she graduated from an audiovisual course he had given he asked some of the students to join them for a drink. When they were alone he forcibly kissed her. He tried to forcibly kiss her a second time when they randomly ran into each other.
- Case #8 A 24 year old working at the Colombian Embassy in Germany met him in a professional context. She said she was telling him about her thesis and then he touched her shoulder and asked her out to dance and asked her how old she was and she realized he was hitting on her which put her in a difficult position as she was working. She also said she had memories of him hitting on all the interns and at least one intern lost her position because of Guerra.
This is so vile.