ITS CUT OFF BUT IN THE BEGINNING HE LITERALLY ADMITTED TO SAYING SLURS I CANT— hailey ᵇˡᵐ (@EVBUCKLXY) May 31, 2020
9-1-1 actor Ryan Guzman hopped on IG Live in an attempt to respond to fans wondering about his silence in the past few days regarding the recent protests that eventually pivoted to him defending his wife's past use of the N-word which led to him revealing that he uses slurs all the time with his friends, and it's okay because his friends know the actual him.
"Now we're talking about her using the n-word. Let's address it, okay? You're telling her that she can't speak through Twitter to her Black friends that have allowed her to say that back and forth to them, specifically? Mind you, that is a private conversation had on a social platform, I can see the misconstrued insight on that. That being said, I have plenty of friends -- Black, white, Asian, Indian Korean -- and we make fun of each other's races all the time. We call each other slurs all the time. We don't get butt-hurt at all, nah, because we know the actual person, we know who each other are, we know we're not trying to bring each other down. So what are y'all trying to get at? You're trying to prove that somebody who is not racist is racist? Nah, you don't have that power. There is no racist energy coming from this household at all. In fact, we're helping. Again, being part of the solution rather than the problem. I know, for sure, that all of our friends would speak up to say the same thing. They know who we are. We know we're not about bringing down other humans, at all, not even caring about any kind of color or nothing. So y'all need to stop with that. And if you're breeding hate and throwing it our way, you're wasting your energy and you're wasting your time."
( Collapse )
- So 'Defending Jacob', starring ONTD Boyfriend and not-in-Epstein-contact-list Chris Evans, aired it's finale.
- Basically the show ended with [Spoiler (click to open)]Jacob's mom not believing Jacob's innocence and crashed the car with them inside. The entire trial we saw was for Michelle Dockery's character and she's found not guilty of trying to kill her son. Jacob ends up in a comma. (In the book Jacob dies and her mom crashes the car because Hope was found dead, not alive like in the show, and she founds a blood stain in Jacob's shirt). Chris Evans ends up drinking alone with his puppy eyes because we never found out if Jacob killed Ben or not.
- The fact that the show had that ending is leading people to think there could be a season 2, even if the show was promoted as a Limited Series. It's also Apple Tv+ most watched show (although the bar is so low.)
ONTD, what did you think happened? Do you want a second season? Are you disappointed by the lack of shirtless Chrevans?
Some info on this comeback:
* Pre-orders for their ‘More & More’ album has surpassed 500k, they beat their record for preorders to date. (If there’s any news about the exact number of sales, I’ll add to the post)
* The song ‘More & More’ is composed by MNEK, Justin Tranter, Julia Michaels, Zara Larsson
* The song ‘More & More’ Produced by MNEK
* Twice members Jeongyeon, Nayeon, and Chaeyoung have written lyrics for b-sides for this mini album
Feel free to discuss which songs you like from the mini!
jypentertainment, sinrinity @ tumblr S.Nam at Soompi, @misayeon
Star Wars finally releases statement after John Boyega got fed up with racist assholes.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, Last Week Tonight explores the efforts to expand and suppress voting by mail in America in the 2020 Presidential election.
John Oliver also put out this tweet about that night's show:
We're back tonight at 11:07. Due to the fact that we're producing remotely, we currently have to tape Saturday morning. That's never great, and this week, it's especially not-great. There's obviously a lot more to say than we were able to, and we look forward to saying it soon— John Oliver (@iamjohnoliver) June 1, 2020
The Last Week Tonight twitter account also reposted their segments on police accountability, Ferguson and police militarization, death investigations, and bail.
Source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
So Trump is now in a bunker ?? His country is struggling and he’s hiding in a bunker ?— Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) June 1, 2020
This past weekend 45 was reduced into hiding in a bunker, after the fact he prolonged and caused most of the turmoil in America. Nail posted 'So Trump is now in a bunker ?? His country is struggling and he’s hiding in a bunker ?'. Also Twitter fingers president tells governors “If you don’t dominate, you’re wasting your time. They’re going to run you over" from his bunker.
For the Weekend of May 29-May 31, 2o22:
- Shameik Moore shares his thoughts on police brutality on black people and it's a mess
- Taylor Swift takes direct aim at Donald Trump and promises to vote him the fuck out
- Celebs React: Officer Derek Chauvin Charged with Murder of George Floyd
- Black CNN reporter arrested on live TV by Minneapolis police
- BTS' SUGA thanks COVID-19 for letting him finish mixtape, which includes a Jim Jones sample
- kyLIE could face criminal investigation + responds to news
- Free For All Friday
- Billie Eilish Comes For The #AllLivesMatter Crowd
- Free For All Saturday
- Andy Cohen had to rehome his dog Wacha
- BigHit releases an apology for Suga's use of Jim Jones sample on his mixtape
- Paris Jackson tweets "peaceful protesting is the only way", gets dragged
- TV's Best and Worst Time Jumps, Ranked
Remember the singer who was nominated for a bunch of Grammys last year that hardly anyone on ONTD had heard of? Well, her name is Brandi Carlile, she is incredibly talented, and she is airing a FREE concert tonight to celebrate her birthday!
I put some of her best songs( Collapse )
The concert will double as a charity benefit for COVID-19 relief; viewers can donate any $ amount of their choice. The livestream will air on veep.com at 6:00 P.M. Pacific Time.
Have you let the shining light of Brandi Carlile into ur life, ONTD?
Take a breather from last week's terrible events and treat yourself to a free concert.
source, source, source, source, source, source, source
- Gaga achieves her fifth No. 1 on the Hot 100 and Grande earns her fourth.
- Gaga joins Mariah Carey and Beyonce as the only soloists to rank at #1 on the Hot 100 in the 2000s, 2010s and 2020s.
Source: 1 | 2
Excuse me, you have no idea what you’re talking about. It’s fascinating you would deem to try when you weren’t part of the process whatsoever.— Cathy Yan (@CathyYan) May 31, 2020
Perpetually wrong and annoying as fuck YouTube film person Grace Randolph got clocked by Birds of Prey director Cathy Yan over Randolph's insistence that the film had massive reshoots. Even when called out for being wrong, white woman Grace continued acting like she knew more about the film than its asian woman director (and on all days no less):
MULTIPLE reporters confirmed that story after I reported it, said it was great & should be kept in film & didn’t like it taken out.— Grace Randolph (@GraceRandolph) May 31, 2020
And dick pics aren’t pedophilia. 🙄
Plus as a former journalist u should realize the optics of now pretending u have a suddenly better “Yan Cut”
Stories circulated that the film originally had a dick pic plotline to it, which sites called pedophilia elements, all based on things Grace "reported." As a result, Cathy called her the scum of journalism:
Grace has also been called out by James Gunn and James Wan for making stuff up about their films.
Meanwhile articles like the below are written off of your “scoops.” Congratulations on being the scum of journalism. https://t.co/RjjIjvtbhy— Cathy Yan (@CathyYan) June 1, 2020
Executive producer Sally Woodward Gentle sat down with Entertainment Weekly to discuss the season three finale of Killing Eve and what's to come in season four.
Follow Sandra Oh because here be spoilers:
( Collapse )
Over the last 40 years, Nintendo has provided countless hours of video gaming entertainment. But with the rise of the Switch, the company took a huge step forward. And during the coronavirus pandemic in 2020, finding one was harder than finding toilet paper. Here’s how the Nintendo Switch took the gaming world by surprise and became one of the most popular consoles on the market.
Do you have a Nintendo Switch?
What games are you currently playing?
it's lazy and easy to joke that something feels like it was scripted by Sacha Baron Cohen but also pic.twitter.com/7hFkUbNIsn— Sean Craig (@sdbcraig) May 31, 2020
During a virtual charity DJ set, music writer/producer David Guetta announced he'd made a special record in honor of George Floyd which ended up being a music remix of Dr. Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech.
"The world is going through difficult times and America too actually. So last night, I knew we were going to do this, and I made a special record. So this record is in honor of George Floyd. And I really hope we can see more unity and more peace when already things are so difficult. So shout out to his family."
It should also be noted that Dr. King's family holds the copyright to his speeches and are very protective of them.
there’s something very wrong with her pic.twitter.com/idSj1biWUR— ᵇˡᵐ (@finstkind) June 1, 2020
- On her instagram stories, Millie Bobby Brown (16) posts a close-up photo of her holding hands with Zahara Jolie Pitt (15) to draw attention to the tense race relations in the United States.
- She is white and Zahara is black and they are good friends.
- Presumably, she wishes the same for every other white person and black person in America.
Do you have any black friends, ONTD?
BREAKING: Donald Trump has invoked the Insurrection Act,— Ali Velshi (@AliVelshi) June 1, 2020
a 213-year-old law that allows him to deploy active-duty U.S. troops (not Nat’l Guard, which governors control) to cities: “I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them.”
In a terrifying speech in the rose garden, tr*mp announced that he would send the military to end the riots if states do not "dominate the streets" with an overwhelming law enforcement presence.
"If a city or state refuses to take the actions that are necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them."
"One law and order. And that is what it is, one law. We have one beautiful law."
He then had peaceful protesters outside the white house gassed so he could take pictures in front of a church while holding a bible for the first time in his life.
Did we just get Martial Lawed??! So, he just Declared War on The Public??!! It’s not 1807 this is not Rebellion!!, but I think it’s about get all kinds of fucked up here!!— Samuel L. Jackson (@SamuelLJackson) June 1, 2020
( Collapse )
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
-Cole Sprouse was arrested yesterday and posted about it to let it be known to not make it about him. He was peacefully protesting (and also noted that riots and looting are also an "absolutely legitimate form of protest") with others in Santa Monica.
-Also emphasizes, "It needs to be stated that as a straight white man, and a public figure, the institutional consequences of my detainment are nothing in comparison to others within the movement. This is ABSOLUTELY not a narrative about me [...] This is, and will be, a time about standing ground near others as a situation escalates, providing educated support, demonstrating and doing the right thing. This is precisely the time to contemplate what it means to stand as an ally. I hope others in my position do as well."
-"I’ll speak no more on the subject, as I’m (1) not well versed enough to do so, (2) not the subject of the movement, and (3) uninterested in drawing attention away from the leaders of the #BLM movement"
-He posted a link to donations and support in his IG story
Virgil Abloh, artistic director for one of the biggest fashion houses in the world, just posted a screenshot of his $50 donation to the “kids in the streets that need bail funds.” Fifty. Fucking. Dollars. pic.twitter.com/Ex57tPaYpT— Khromatica Kardashian (@yosoymichael) June 1, 2020
- Virgil Abloh, CEO of off-white (valuation: ~$700 million) and artistic director of Louis Vuitton (valuation: ~$47.2 billion), said he was "crazy inspired for kids in the streets that need bail funds for George Floyd protests" and posted a screenshot of his $50 receipt to fempower.
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds donated $200,000 to NAACP.
- They say "it's the least we can do" and admit: "We’ve been teaching our children differently than they way our parents taught us. We want to educate ourselves about other people’s experiences and talk to our kids about everything , all of it… especial our own complicity. We talk about our bias, blindness and our own mistakes. We look back and see so many mistakes which have led us to deeply examine who we are and who we want to become. They’ve led us to huge avenues of education."
- They are probably referring to that time they got married on a slave plantation.
23 year old kiwi singer, Lorde, sent out an email talking about BLM.
Not only did she mention the movement and condemned racism and the police, but she also acknowledged people (like herself) who have used Black influences and culture.
Also, she marched in NZ, has donated, doesn't ask people to do the same because she knows some people can't, but does link to a petition calling for Justice for George Floyd.
( Collapse )
Source: official mailing list
Sony originally had an hour-long Playstation event scheduled for this Thursday that would showcase some of the PS5's games but have now delayed it as they felt it wasn't the right time for celebration and "to allow more important voices to be heard".
No word on when the new event will take place. The console is supposed to release during the holiday season of this year.
OP Note: I am so sorry for taking so long in posting this. I planned on doing this in March but then... the world kind of got a little bit crazy.
- Onision (real name Gregory Jackson) has been somewhat quiet since Chris Hansen went to his house a few months ago. He went from making weird animated videos on youtube to making an OnlyFans account. He says he has left Youtube for OnlyFans. He is currently charging $5 for 30 days of content.
- He also posts weird videos on Twitter. Including one about self-harm. He used to make many videos about this on Youtube and many of his victims say that was what drew them to him in the first place.
- There haven't been any major updates on the investigation.
Under the cut are the second part of the interviews Hansen has conducted with victims of Onision and Kai as well as people who have been involved in their fandom (for now I am just focusing on people who had direct contact with the couple and not interviews with commentary channels).
TW; for mentions of grooming, sexual assault/harassment, emotional abuse, child pornography, etc;
OP NOTES: As no charges have been laid it should be noted these are all allegations.
( Collapse )
Source + 1, 2
There will be at least one more post in this series (and I'll definitely post any follow-ups to the investigation). Hansen has done more interviews but I think it was important to share these ones in particular. Hansen is currently investigating Dahvie Vanity the lead singer of Blood on the Dancefloor.
Thanks again to iznanassi and lannischester for helping me with these summaries and being so patient with me when it comes to posting.
All vacations come to an end. And The Trip to Greece is a fantastic way to say goodbye. https://t.co/ofhSFLqK6V— Nerdist (@nerdist) May 30, 2020
The final installment is said to be a "beautiful ending" to the series, all about the consequences we must eventually face in life (after avoiding them for so long). Beware: Spoilers at the source.
Given the current state of cinemas, you can pay $8.99 to rent it legally here.
- Seth Rogen posted a picture saying "Black Lives Matter" on Instagram with the caption "If this is a remotely controversial statement to you, feel free to unfollow me."
- Naturally, this caused several people to respond saying things like all lives matter and other nonsense. Seth responded to several of these telling people to "fuck off," "you don't deserve my movies anymore. Stop watching my shit," and saying good when people claimed to unfollow him because of it.
( Collapse )
source, 1, 2
Myka Stauffer and James Stauffer are YouTubers from Ohio, USA, who adopted a disabled boy named Huxley from China. But last week they revealed that they rehomed their son after living with him for nearly three years.
Jim Stauffer has a channel called StaufferGarage, which has 790,000+ subscribers. Myka’s channel has 715,000+ subscribers. Jim has been getting a lot less heat for this than Myka, but he's an asshole, too.
Got a lot of these leads from the good sis londonsquare in the previous post by milotic2.
Two cuts, to save your browser.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Sorry there are so many sources, mods. I double checked them all!
source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source, source
LMAO REMEMBER WHEN YOU MADE MY FIRST TELEVISON GIG A LIVING HELL?!?! CAUSE ILL NEVER FORGET. I BELIEVE YOU TOLD EVERYONE THAT IF TOU HAD THE OPPORTUNITY YOU WOULD “SHIT IN MY WIG!” AMONGST OTHER TRAUMATIC MICROAGRESSIONS THAT MADE ME QUESTION A CAREER IN HOLLYWOOD... https://t.co/RkcaMBmtDA— SAMEYAAAAAA (@Sammie_Ware) June 2, 2020
When Lea Michele tweeted about Black Lives Matter, former Glee co-star Samantha Ware wouldn't let the hypocrisy slide and responded with how Michele made her life on the set a "living hell" with multiple microaggressions.
Ware was a regular in the show's final season.
Other past co-stars of Michele's reacted in solidarity with Ware.
( Collapse )
Karol G Post (she deleted it so there are only SS)
la gente negra: literalmente muriendo por antinegritud— esta cuerpa tropical🌴 (@bad_dominicana) June 1, 2020
karol g: pic.twitter.com/iq1E2JzXqE
The pic says: The perfect example that black and white together look beautiful (while using a pic of her cute and pretty puppy)
J Balvin's IG post (he also deleted it so there is only SS)
No espero nada de J Balvin y aún así logra decepcionarme. 🤡🤡🤡🤡 pic.twitter.com/1Qn7r8V7es— Andrés (@Camilo2828) June 2, 2020
In the pic: Dancing together the party is better
( Collapse )
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ONTD, what's the dumbest thing you have ever said?
Grindr announced that if will finally remove the ethnicity filter from its popular gay hook up app, citing user feedback and a commitment to the Black Lives Matter movement.
“We will not be silent, and we will not be inactive,” the company said in a post on social media Monday. “We will continue to fight racism on Grindr, both through dialogue with our community and a zero-tolerance policy for racism and hate speech on our platform. As part of this commitment, and based on your feedback, we have decided to remove the ethnicity filter from our next release.”
Oh, it only took them how many years and something like this for them to finally listen. Trash app.