( Collapse )
Source 1 2
At the State Dept. dinner for the Kennedy Center honorees Mike Pompeo wondered aloud when he would be “loved”. Then Linda Ronstadt got up to get laurels, looked the fucker right in the eye and said “maybe when you stop enabling Donald Trump”. Icon.— sam greisman (@SAMGREIS) December 8, 2019
- At the dinner for Kennedy Center honorees Mike Pompeo apparently made a joke wondering when he would be loved
- When singer-songwriter Linda Ronstadt recieved her laurels she told Pompeo "Maybe when you stop enabling Donald Trump"
- Ronstadt was also extremely critical of the Bush administration when GWB was in office
- The exchange was noted by Sally Field's son who was there to support his mother who was also an honoree
- The Kennedy Center Honors are awarded for contributions to the performing arts. Other honorees this year were the band Earth, Wind & Fire, Sesame Street, and Michael Tilson Thomas
ONTD do you call people out on their bullshit?
The concert is over two hours long.
( Collapse )
Disney crushes own global box office record with historic $10 billion https://t.co/IbD6GX92np— Variety (@Variety) December 8, 2019
Disney has become the first studio to surprass 10$b at the global box office.
Through Sunday (Frozen 2 earned 34.7$m in its third weekend), the studio has generated $3.28 billion in North America and $6.7 billion overseas for a global haul of $9.997 billion and is expected to officially cross the benchmark within the next day.
They still have one more juggernaut to release: The Rise of Skywalker hits theaters next week.
Sales do not include Fox titles.
It’s the very festive holiday season and with that bakers everywhere rejoice! House Method surveyed over 4,500 Americans and asked which Christmas cookie was their favorite. So which cookie came out on top? Sugar cookies with frosting was the overall favorite Christmas cookie with 21 states.
Chocolate chip cookies came in second with 18 states. Gingerbread was third with 6 states, snickerdoodle fourth with 3 states, gingersnaps fifth with 2 states, and shortbread was last with 1 state.
Cookies that didn’t get enough love to make the chart: 2.4% of people surveyed said their favorite Christmas cookie is a seasonal Oreo. Trader Joe’s Peppermint Joe Joe’s got 1.6% of the vote, and 5.5% said other.
Do you agree with your state’s results? What is your favorite cookie?
( Collapse )
Sources: Google Images and House Method
Here are our staff's picks for the best underrated pop songs of the past decade 🙌 https://t.co/QIwwRhLddX— billboard (@billboard) December 6, 2019
The 2010s gifted us with countless major pop hits—heard of "Tik Tok," "Roar," "Shape of You?"—but as always, even more bops slipped under the public's radar.
Some of these artists are on the rise, while others are well on their way to pop superstardom. All have something in common: there’s at least one song in their catalog that deserves another shot. So, Billboard went deep and gathered the 40 pop songs that went woefully overlooked. The main rule? The track can’t have impacted the Hot 100.
Full list at the source
What songs would be on your version of this list?
Caroll Spinney, the legendary puppeteer behind beloved Sesame Street characters Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch, died today, December 8th 2019, at age 85 at his home in Connecticut, after living with Dystonia for some time. https://t.co/q7FVDul5WT pic.twitter.com/CvWBD0NQyp— Sesame Street (@sesamestreet) December 8, 2019
Weeks shy of his 86th birthday, Caroll Spinney has passed on.
Following a stint in the US Air Force after high school, Spinney moved into the realm of children's entertainment in various capacities, eventually settling into working as a puppeteer. After a near-miss with being hired by Jim Henson in 1962, he teamed up with Henson in 1969, beginning what would be a half-century association with the characters of Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street. He formally retired in 2018.
Sesame Street's Twitter
- She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and Moon Knight will debut on Disney+
- British-Pakistani writer Bisha K. Ali is reportedly working on Ms. Marvel
- Jeremy Slater and Jessica Gao have been attached to Moon Knight and She-Hulk respectively
- All three characters will appear in movies after their TV series airs
- Feige mentioned that these new shows would "be ready" by the end of 2020
The 2020 Critics Choice Awards nominations were announced today, with 'The Irishman' leading the film side's pack. With hours before the GG nominations, I think it's a bit safe to assume the rest of the awards season will be pretty similar with the nominees below.
The Awards will take place live on CW on Sunday, January 12 at 7 p.m. ET (just 13 hours before the Oscar nominations).
“Ford v Ferrari”
“Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”
( Collapse )
Ryan Reynolds was quick on his feet!https://t.co/i7nNcy3QLG— Us Weekly (@usweekly) December 8, 2019
Ryan Reynolds, 43, was promoting his upcoming film Free Guy at the Comic Con Experience in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Saturday, December 7. During the event, he jumped down off stage and went to greet fans.
The crowd rushed toward the actor and knocked over the barricade. Reynolds jumped back on stage and managed to avoid injury. Security surrounded Ryan and he was ok. Afterwards, he went back down into the crowd to check on the fans.
No reports if anyone in the crowd was hurt.
( Collapse )
(Minions say: We're sad to confirm that René passed away today, Sunday, December 8) https://t.co/lmYlIqS6Ld— Rene Auberjonois (@reneauberjonois) December 8, 2019
The actor's official twitter account has confirmed a WaPo report. Auberjonois was best known as the Governor on Benson, the french chef from The Little Mermaid, and the unforgettable Odo from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
This one hurts.
Chandra Davis, also known as London Charles, also known as Deelishis, is engaged to Raymond Santana Jr., known as one of the
Santana surprised Davis with a diamond ring and they shared the moment on Instagram.
LA Film Critics announce 2019 winners (Updating live) https://t.co/tTo7Q67u7J— Variety (@Variety) December 8, 2019
The LA Film Critics were the latest to name their best of, where 'Parasite' came on top with best film, as well as best director (I believe it was ineligible for foreign language as a result). Full list of winners and runners-up below.
Best Picture: “Parasite” (Runner-up: “The Irishman”)
Best Director: Bong Joon Ho, “Parasite” (Runner-up: Martin Scorsese, “The Irishman”)
Best Actress: Mary Kay Place, “Diane” (Runner-up: Lupita Nyong’o, “Us”)
Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Lopez, “Hustlers” (Runner-up: Zhao Shuzhen, “The Farewell”)
Best Actor: Antonio Banderas, “Pain & Glory” (Runner-up: Adam Driver, “Marriage Story”)
Best Supporting Actor: Song Kang Ho, “Parasite” (Runner-up: Joe Pesci, “The Irishman”)
( Collapse )
Data is out for the most popular baby names of the decade (well, of 2010-2018, at least). What were the trends in the United States?
- Some of the biggest pop-culture names included Khaleesi, Daenarys, Hermione, Dexter, Arya, Leia, Elsa, and Adele.
- Celebrity baby names also had an influence on some parents. Names like Harper, Hazel, Flynn, Sunday, Violet, George, Louis, and North increased in popularity.
- Parents want unique names. Less than 10 percent of baby boys now have a top 10 name, and less than 8 percent of girls do.
- Unisex and gender-neutral names became more popular, like Cameron, Riley, Jordan, and Avery.
What were the most popular names of the decade in your country, ONTD?
The show starts at 7:00 PM ET on Fox.
If you're interested in this year's national costumes, that post is here.
Mods: We have one of these every year, but I understand if it's rejected.
Part two of the crossover continues with Batwoman tomorrow.
The Sleazy and Perpetually Sweaty Sommelier and A Young Woman Who Desperately Needs to Get Away from Him: He wants to throw her an extravagant wedding when realizing he only has a month left to plan it. Get ha a cute dress and go to the courthouse. We also learn sis is a divorcee – she was very young and pressured into it. Hey Little Prince George you don’t need to divulge all tis to the wedding planners, all that white woman asked was how many guests from each side. His ex-wife offers to ordain the wedding and then asks about pre-nups! Loving the continuity in the editing TLC keep it up!
( Collapse )
Source 1 Source 2
SEE HOW THEY FLY
The end is nigh. The season finale.
Air date: December 15.
- Singer Billie Eilish was interviewed by Gayle King for " Sunday Morning"
- The show opens with a home video of Eilish at 7 singing and trying to play a guitar :18 mark.
- Eilish and her brother take King into the room where Eilish's hit album was made. Eilish's parents say she was singing before she could talk.
-Eilish says that radio stations told her her music was to dark to play on mainstream radio. She says that anybody that knows her, knows she's not a dark person and laughs at everything.
- Eilish says last year she was extremely unhappy and that unhappiness followed her into the new year. She says there were many reasons why, but mainly she has clinical depression and she gained fame that she didn't want at the time. She says she just wanted to hang out with her friends. Her parents said they kept a close watch and asked her frequently if what she was doing was what she wanted. Eilish says she loved touring,and with the help of therapy and family support she is much better.
- When asked if she feels pressure to top or maintain her success, Ellish says definitely,but it's not bumming her out or making her super stressed or worried.
[Spoiler (click to open)]
Eilish sings while brother finneas plays the piano.
The sibling's briefly talk about the making of " Bad Guy" and how many times Duh was recorded in the song.
Eilish talks about how dressing in baggy clothes helped her with her toxic relationship with her body, that started around 14.
Most of us who are on social media know Spotify just released their 2019 Wrapped data to Premium users, allowing everybody and they mama to share pink infographics detailing their Top Artists + Songs, Total Listening Times, Countries, etc. Notably missing from Wrapped playlists is the alt-rock emo band Brand New, due to frontman Jesse Lacey facing several complaints of sexual misconduct in 2017 which have since gone unaddressed. Though fans on social media are mad, the streaming platform has not addressed the bands removal (yet).
Spotify made a similar move in 2018 with R.Kelly's music and in a statement issued to Billboard, explained they were "removing R.Kelly's music from all Spotify owned and operated playlists and algorithmic recommendations. [...] We don't censor content because of an artist's or creator's behaviour, but we want our editorial decisions - what we choose to program - to reflect our values."
OP finds it interesting that Chris Brown is still alive, thriving (questionable) and included in Wrapped playlists.
ONTD: What were your Spotify Wrapped stats like? Music post?
Juice Wrld Dead at 21 After Seizure in Chicago's Midway Airport https://t.co/OKxXR8HfiT— TMZ (@TMZ) December 8, 2019
- Rising star Juice Wrld suffered a seizure in Chicago's Midway airport.
- He was bleeding through his mouth while walking through the airport after his flight from California landed.
- He turned 21 last Monday. His first hit was the smash song "Lucid Dreams" which hit #2 in the Hot 100 charts.
Rest in peace.